survival

OMG Aquatics

Soothing,

He purchased a pair from dealer who sold diff types of octopus , small cuttlefish from a newsletter that used to go around in the 70's early 80's called Fauna . You could subscribe to it for a $1 a year .

They would sell you whatever and up to you to than see if legal to own and get a permit . Granted no one did .

It was all types exotic listings . I do not think that it was till the early till mid 80's that the government came down on exotics without permits but either way you name it, it was sold .

In the mid 80s fauna became just reptile listings and a diff company published and owned it .

Either way the pair lived together in his 55 gallon tank which is strange as is because they are solitary . He had about 40lbs live rock and filter was an undergravel and each octopus had their own glass soda bottle which they lived in .

They bred after he had them 6 months , I forgot which one died after that(imagine female)  but all the eggs hatched .

The color on those octopus were amazing .

I kept some exotics but never anything dangerous in the slightest way and most you can still buy .

I hear ya.  When I was in the reptile hobby, I knew some people who owned hots.  Ie rattlesnakes, cobras, etc.  Cool looking, but not my idea of fun sweating and having anti venom handy every time you had to clean the cage.  Heck, even venomoids can grow their glands back!