Bacterial Infection Tiger (Please help Wyggles with her prize shrimp)

gillznglass

Been fighting a bacterial infection in the below breeder set up, thanks to not quarantining some new aura blues.  One tank was isolated and treated with Maricyn 2, then deaths started in other tanks.  Only tiger shrimp have been affected.  There are neos in the same rig with no signs of infection or deaths.  I then treated the whole system with Kanaplex while leaving the other tank isolated and finishing the Maricyn 2 treatment in the isolated tank. The isolated tank had one more death during treatment.  The rest of the system revived its last dose of Kanaplex this morning which has stopped all deaths.

And now for the problem.  Our prize P1 red striped male tangerine tiger looks like he has it bad.  This just showed up on the tail end of the Kanaplex treatment.

I have isolated this shrimp to a 36 gallon bow front tank with no other aquatic life except for a couple of pond snails, and some moss and grass.  So he is away from the rest of the tangerine tigers, and out of the breeder set up.

The question here for this knowledgeable bunch is, should I treat this 36 gallon with Maricyn 2, or do you think he is a goner?  I have food grade hydrogen peroxide and aquarium salt on hand too.

Below are some pics of said shrimp.  Would really appreciate some insight on this, if he can be saved.  I don't want to make things worse for him.

Thanks much.

P.S.  This shrimp is still very active and feeding!

post-2786-0-68688300-1454555218_thumb.jp

post-2786-0-82278100-1454555227_thumb.jp

Im not an expert on bacterial infections as I did lose a few of my oebts to this (tigers seem to be more susceptible than bees)  This is a very off the wall solution, which might or might not help.  I raised baby blue ram cichlids from eggs to juvies and what I was told to do to stop any bacterial/fungus infections in the early stages was to use Methylene Blue.  Its horrible, and stains anything it comes in contact with, but wouldn't harm the glass in the tank but any stones would probably stay blue.  I can't say if it will cure him, but if you want to give it a try, maybe it might give him a chance. It kills bacteria that's all I know about it.  Off the wall like I said, but he's such a cool shrimp I would do anything to try to save him.  If possible I would use a smaller tank

if using the Meth Blue as you can concentrate it more....my water was a lovely shade of royal blue for a week LOL.

Im not an expert on bacterial infections as I did lose a few of my oebts to this (tigers seem to be more susceptible than bees)  This is a very off the wall solution, which might or might not help.  I raised baby blue ram cichlids from eggs to juvies and what I was told to do to stop any bacterial/fungus infections in the early stages was to use Methylene Blue.  Its horrible, and stains anything it comes in contact with, but wouldn't harm the glass in the tank but any stones would probably stay blue.  I can't say if it will cure him, but if you want to give it a try, maybe it might give him a chance. It kills bacteria that's all I know about it.  Off the wall like I said, but he's such a cool shrimp I would do anything to try to save him.  If possible I would use a smaller tank

if using the Meth Blue as you can concentrate it more....my water was a lovely shade of royal blue for a week LOL.

Fish breeders that artificially hatch eggs have used methyl blue for decades. Not sure what it does to shrimps.

Good option. Just be careful if anyone uses it on their shrimp.

From their link: 

Methylene Blue is generally safe when used in the presence of snails, crabs, and most shrimps; however cautions should be used.

Methylene Blue is best not used in the presence of most freshwater plants, although short term use will allow most plants to bounce back quickly.

Haha! Thanks for asking, Monty. I should have updated but have been remiss. P1 looks great! I'm chompin' at the bit to get him back in with his girls, but Gillz is making me wait til he is done with his course of antibiotics. Everyone else in the tank looks great too. :)