Terrarium Soil Order?

Duff0712

So as I'm thinking up plans for my naturalistic terrarium build (oh god the countless hour looking at YouTube videos, I'm way too excited about getting started haha), I have been thinking about the order in which to laydown the different kinds. I would love ideas.

What I have.

Soil

Coco husk

Drain media (w/ drain mat)

ADA Amazonia (experimenting)

Dried miss (can't remember what kind)

Carbon?

I'll list what my plan to do is thus far from top-bottom

(Thinking about doing a leaf litter on top)

Moss

Mixture of soil and coco husk

Carbon????!

ADA Aquasoil

Drain mat

Drain media

I figure to have the soil near the bottom to keep any ammonia leech away from the gecko and it would be a great addition for the plants. The only real issue in having is where to put the carbon. Should it filter before it gets to the ADA? I'm afraid it will absorb some nutrients if I add it before the ADA.

Thought?

-Duffy

All this chatter is tempting me. Dart frog terarrium sounds fun. Must...resist...

If you think shrimp keeping is expensive, frogs will break you. Trying to keep a good supply of live food is the biggest pain in the butt and its expensive. But seeing a tadpole in your bromeliad is one of the coolest things you will experience in the pet hobby.

If you think shrimp keeping is expensive, frogs will break you. Trying to keep a good supply of live food is the biggest pain in the butt and its expensive. But seeing a tadpole in your bromeliad is one of the coolest things you will experience in the pet hobby.

Second the experiential judgement of the tadpole in the bromeliad.