drying kale

sarah

I went the other way and boiled the kale for 5 minutes. I took it out and placed it on baking sheets with paper towels to dry. I put down more paper towels and another cooking sheet with some weight to keep the kale flat while drying.

My intention was to let it dry then freeze it so it all would not be stuck together, but I was out of the house for awhile and when I checked on it many of the kale pieces were completely dry and crisp. I left it uncovered and all the kale dried the same way with the look and feel of Tantora Amaranth.

I put it in a zip lock bag and feed it just like Amaranth or mulberry leaves. It rehydrates and the shrimp seem to really like it.

Give it a try with a few leaves and let me know what you think? Most people suggest boil and freeze so I am assuming they just put the boiled leaves in the freezer wet then once frozen they break of pieces to feed?

I went the other way and boiled the kale for 5 minutes. I took it out and placed it on baking sheets with paper towels to dry. I put down more paper towels and another cooking sheet with some weight to keep the kale flat while drying.

My intention was to let it dry then freeze it so it all would not be stuck together, but I was out of the house for awhile and when I checked on it many of the kale pieces were completely dry and crisp. I left it uncovered and all the kale dried the same way with the look and feel of Tantora Amaranth.

I put it in a zip lock bag and feed it just like Amaranth or mulberry leaves. It rehydrates and the shrimp seem to really like it.

Give it a try with a few leaves and let me know what you think? Most people suggest boil and freeze so I am assuming they just put the boiled leaves in the freezer wet then once frozen they break of pieces to feed?

If you freeze it then it will work.

post-2690-0-76882600-1455071810_thumb.jp

Here is a picture of what it looks like after being boiled and dried. Another important thing I did not mention before is that I removed the stalks and only boiled and dried the leaves.