Show off your fluval spec III!

Petco was having an online sale and i snagged a brand new spec III for $41 shipped. Going to be setting it up for my wife's desk at her work. She wants it fairly simple scape so she can easily see the shrimp. I'm going to be getting 10 CRS with fluval stratum. Just wanna see other spec III shrimp tanks for ideas.thanks!

I tried to snap a picture of mine but I hate to see my reflection on the glass. So, it's best I could without me.

I have some hornwort in there, willow moss, unknown to me moss, some moss that I bought as Christmas but I don't think it is, round pelia on a cholla wood, mini pelia on a small lava rock and on a ledge, a bucephalandra that doesn't do well, and some floaters that don't do well either (too much of current). The coolest thing I have in this little tank is a Turkish hazelnut.

In the tank live about 40 mischling/red panda babies, 5 tibees and 2 nerite snails.

post-2484-0-19345100-1455252506_thumb.jp

I tried to snap a picture of mine but I hate to see my reflection on the glass. So, it's best I could without me.

I have some hornwort in there, willow moss, unknown to me moss, some moss that I bought as Christmas but I don't think it is, round pelia on a cholla wood, mini pelia on a small lava rock and on a ledge, a bucephalandra that doesn't do well, and some floaters that don't do well either (too much of current). The coolest thing I have in this little tank is a Turkish hazelnut.

In the tank live about 40 mischling/red panda babies, 5 tibees and 2 nerite snails.

Nice tank.

I notice you have a wooden ''block'' in there which I have seen in a couple of pics here .  What is it for ?

Are you asking about a piece on right side? Where the buce is surviving? If so it's not a wood. It's supposed to be a lava rock but actually it's different kind of a rock. It was in a bag with lava rocks I bought at HD and I didn't pay attention when tied the buce to it. I just need to take a real lava rock and retie the buce because it doesn't do well there anyway.

Cube? It's not wooden. They sell them as a shrimp shelter, maybe? I bought them when I just started shrimping, was thinking it's cute. Actually it's pretty much useless but right now I use them when starting a new tank. I drop them in a new tank from existing tank in hopes it contains some ammount of good bacteria on it.

I'm up to 4 spec 3s.

Here is a shot of the aquascaped Fluval on my desk (yes the flame moss needs its monthly crew cut). the next is the puffer you may be able to spot in the first photo, I think a ghost shrimp is also visible.

The last shot shows the noticeable dimming between a light with 3 months on it and one with 2 months on it.

The puffer tanks has 4-5 months on it  maybe 6(?) so it looks like the rate of dimming slows down.

I could post pics of the other one but it is also just a betta tank. My wife's Fluval Spec 5 is in some state of overgrown.

post-3374-0-37348300-1455733659_thumb.jp

post-3374-0-82993700-1455733683_thumb.jp

post-3374-0-93864300-1455733719_thumb.jp

Great looking tanks! Found some black lava rock when i was walking around the neighborhood with the kids. Stole some anubias from my other tanks, just waiting on some fissidens covered cholla logs and it should be done!

970d63b5f1a76122b6a56593454143fc.jpg