Everyone Cross Your Fingers

I just checked my tank after getting home from work, and 3 of my males were zooming around the tank which is unusual. They are swimming all over sometimes bumping into the sides.

I have heard sometimes people witness this before a berry, and guess it's caused by the female releasing hormones.

So I either get a berrberried female, my shrimp are not liking something in the water, or they have an abundance of engery today. Let's hope for my first berried female though.

Chris

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

4th option is they are trying to avoid all the string algea... man is fighting this hard.

I just checked my tank after getting home from work, and 3 of my males were zooming around the tank which is unusual. They are swimming all over sometimes bumping into the sides.

I have heard sometimes people witness this before a berry, and guess it's caused by the female releasing hormones.

So I either get a berrberried female, my shrimp are not liking something in the water, or they have an abundance of engery today. Let's hope for my first berried female though.

Chris

Should mean they are happy! Which usually leads to doing the deed lol. All mine never really stopped breeding this year. Only ones that haven't is 6 SSS Grade CRS. They are the only ones I've gotten that Never breed. There is males and females in there. Maybe soon they will since winter is over.

-Chris

It was a good sign! Saw this today, acouple males were zooming around and bugged her so I don't know if it's that new or there is another one coming some and they were confused.

Sorry about the blurriness my phone likes focusing on the glass not what's behind it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Should mean they are happy! Which usually leads to doing the deed lol. All mine never really stopped breeding this year. Only ones that haven't is 6 SSS Grade CRS. They are the only ones I've gotten that Never breed. There is males and females in there. Maybe soon they will since winter is over.

-Chris

What is the KH of the tank that hoding SSS grade CRS?

Awww I just noticed she only has like 3 eggs in there... unless they are amazingly small, that's kind of sad but better then nothing I guess.

Chris

Yea it takes them a time or two to really hang on to them. Then you will have some that look like they are going to explode because of how many eggs they are carrying.

I figured as much, no idea how young the female is but I think she is a younger one. One thing I was surprised about was that here belly area (forget the correct term) was very bloated, actually that how I noticed it, but when I got a good look at it, it was just bloated from all the "goo" not eggs.

So if there is only a few eggs I'm not expecting too many baby from this berry since I am sure not all will live to be a joule or she might drop them too early. I can always hope, and it's still a good sigh for me to even have a berry attempt only after 2 weeks in the tank.

I'm hoping the other females will step up their game soon.

Chris

Camaro, I was in the same boat as you, waiting for my first berried female about a month ago. Well it finally happened, in both my Carbon Rili and Taiwan Fire Red Shrimp tanks. The Carbon Rili had quite the number of shrimplets, but my Taiwan Fire Red seemed to only have a very few. Now within the past week I have three berried Fire Red and 1 Carbon Rili. 

Another good news day, my oldest female (ugliest too, but the first I got so I like her) is berried. 2 in 2 days is exciting and a good sign about my tank.

Older berried female with the young berried female both hiding in the same corner, which happens to be the most "jungle like"

ge2apamu.jpg

Just the older

y2ynyre6.jpg

The young one I just confirmed has only 1 egg. I must have been mistaken, or 3 dropped out. Hopefully that 1 will survive and it should be really pretty. The older female will throw lower grades, but since all my males are the higher grades it still should be good... plus the possibility of baby shrimp makes me happy.

Chris

Didn't you have some issue with the tank in term of GH and do alot of water change? It is the same tank,right?

Yes I did. I had gh problems, fixed them, left for a work trip for a week and my wife top off my tank with straight RO water on accident. It being only 6 gallons, it dropped the GH back down really low so I had to do 5% water changes every other day with gh 10 Ro water to get it back up. This is the same tank.

Chris

Yes I did. I had gh problems, fixed them, left for a work trip for a week and my wife top off my tank with straight RO water on accident. It being only 6 gallons, it dropped the GH back down really low so I had to do 5% water changes every other day with gh 10 Ro water to get it back up. This is the same tank.

Chris

I am currently working on a regular water change schedule and i see the different in molting and breeding. Wonder if your water changes helping your shrimp berried better?

It does help to do water changes just can't make large,changes. I do weekly on most of the tanks.

-Chris