White spots on shrimp

Hello I'm new to shrimp keeping and although I'm a successful breeder of fresh water tropical fish I have little idea what I'm doing with these guys, and information has been hard to find past basics.

So glad I found you.

I bought 23 said to be dream blue I say that as some are light blue some dark with strip on back.

Anyway the other day I noticed white spots on a few of them one spot here 3 spots there.

I thought must be a bug so I tried the salt dip several days and still have spots. Also lost 2 to fungus.

I have upped my water changes and cut back feeding.{option}http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160304/7c25eaedf5430326ab4cec6adaa9db2c.jpg

In pic you can see the spots any help or ideas ?aa5338d7b48525fe11740eb7c4305388.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

From searching online, if the white coloration is underneath the shell, then it's likely the fatal white spot syndrome virus. 

Is it the green kind of fungus? Either way, it's imperative that you separate and quarantine the sick shrimp from the seemingly healthy ones.

Unfortunately, you seem to have received a horrible batch of imported shrimp. Not only are they unhealthy, but they also do not appear to be quality dream blue, if at all.

I used BILTRICIDE® (praziquantel). I asked prescription from my doctor but you can use Sera med Professional Tremazol.

Medicine will kill the parasites but not the eggs. If shrimp have parasites eggs after treatment, you should repeat the treatment after 1 week. The eggs will hatch by 1 week.

I can get praziquantel I was just worried it would hurt shrimp, awesome to know it won't and so thankful for the information.

I know these are the best color shrimp but I got them as a test to see if I could take care of properly and have them trive.

It's people like you that help so much.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I just had Scutariella japonica on a bloody mary shrimp I received from a US "breeder" that I have since learned is not reputable. I learned from Rachel O'Leary that PraziPro is invert safe. I used it on my entire tank because the bulk of my shrimp were these new BM's. I wasn't sure how many others were infected but had not begun to show signs. It was gone right away. She advised I remove the molts for a while to ensure they don't ingest it again. I have been removing the molts for a couple weeks (there have been a lot of them). I think I am in the clear. She said the salt dips work instantly but can be a little more hard on the shrimp.