Black part

I second what soothing said.  Most their internal organs are where that dark spot is. 

behind and above that dark area is where the saddle will appear.

I would say InvertObsession does pretty good in regards to giving customers a good aged shrimp. Most shrimp you buy on eBay are only about 2-6 weeks old. InvertObsession shipped me 2-3 month old ones that are ready to mate and be berried.

Many shippers- including myself- send younger aged shrimp to handle acclimation better, handle shipping better from stress, and have them live a longer time. 

Also, if I sent all my adult shrimp, I'd have no more to make babies for my selective breeding projects. LOL

Many shippers- including myself- send younger aged shrimp to handle acclimation better, handle shipping better from stress, and have them live a longer time. 

Also, if I sent all my adult shrimp, I'd have no more to make babies for my selective breeding projects. LOL

which is why I say it's a + that InvertObsession would send 2-3 month old shrimp when most shrimp sellers would never do that. 

I think ide rather get young shrimp.... in my opinion I think thats why my shrimp have had a hard time adjusting to there new home... but im no exspert just an enthusiastic newbie. ..

Derek

So far they seem to be doing well. Pretty happy. Grazing non stop after using Bacter EA. I didn't even acclimate them and they survived :)