Aquatop gh 75w heater

My heater is driving me nuts! I have an aquatop gh 75w in my ten gallon Taiwan bee tank and have it set for 73, but it lets the water get down to 68 sometimes before it will come on, then it heats it up to 75 before turning off.

I've tried messing with it and sometimes it doesn't swing as bad. I notice the heater will come on after the lights go out and heat it high a lot of the times. The average I see through the day is 71-72.

I have a digital themomoter but tested with a glass one and it said the same temperature. I've had the heater a little over a year but I'm not sure if it's always done this because I didn't notice until I got the digital themomoter.

Is this just what cheap heaters do? It's annoying because I don't want to buy another heater and have it do the same thing.

My heater is driving me nuts! I have an aquatop gh 75w in my ten gallon Taiwan bee tank and have it set for 73, but it lets the water get down to 68 sometimes before it will come on, then it heats it up to 75 before turning off.

I've tried messing with it and sometimes it doesn't swing as bad. I notice the heater will come on after the lights go out and heat it high a lot of the times. The average I see through the day is 71-72.

I have a digital themomoter but tested with a glass one and it said the same temperature. I've had the heater a little over a year but I'm not sure if it's always done this because I didn't notice until I got the digital themomoter.

Is this just what cheap heaters do? It's annoying because I don't want to buy another heater and have it do the same thing.

Yes, this what cheap heaters do, you have to be diligent and keep an eye on them.. I bought 13 in different wattage's and maybe 4 of them work right. I decided to bite the bullet get the higher dollar Cobalt and its worth every penny.

Yes, this what cheap heaters do, you have to be diligent and keep an eye on them.. I bought 13 in different wattage's and maybe 4 of them work right. I decided to bite the bullet get the higher dollar Cobalt and its worth every penny.

Glad it's not just me, wish I had know this before.

I've been reading that aqueon pro and ehiem heaters are supposed to be good too, do you have either of those? I have a regulator aqueon heater in my planted tank and it only fluctuates 2-3 degrees from what I can tell.

Btw, did you buy the neo-therm or easy-therm?

Glad it's not just me, wish I had know this before.

I've been reading that aqueon pro and ehiem heaters are supposed to be good too, do you have either of those? I have a regulator aqueon heater in my planted tank and it only fluctuates 2-3 degrees from what I can tell.

Btw, did you buy the neo-therm or easy-therm?

For me personally, im not a big fan of aqueon and I use to use ehiem's for 20+ years. I also used heat controllers (thermostat) like these http://jehmco.com/html/temperature_controller.htmlwith any brand titanium heater.The Cobalt neo-therm is the first heater I fully trust.

I've been using both the Cobalt Neotherm as well as Hydor Theo (75W) heaters in my tenners with very little temperature sway, but they are in a fairly temperature consistent location (basement).

Neither brand keeps the exact temperature you set them to, however they do maintain constant temperature.

I also use a Hydor in-line heater for my 40B..........if I could I would go in-line on all tanks.

My apologies for hi-jacking this thread.... Can anyone recommend a good nano heater available in the Canadian market? The one I have is not very stable. It does not have a thermostat and keeps its temperature based on ambient room temperature.

Respectfully,

Stuart

Tankful in Vancouver!

Idk if there are Amazon has these little 10w heaters that seem to keep my 2.5 at 73-74 with ambient room temp between 60-80 (winter to summer).

http://www.amazon.com/Aqueon-AQE06194-Heater-Aquarium-10-watt/dp/B009ETLY30

They're great and only about $15. Also I got 2 adjustable Marina 25w heaters for $13 each at this Chinese fish store in SF (6th ave aquarium) that, when turned all the way down, keep my 3g at 72 and, when set to 74, keeps my 10g at 74!