So I've got this weird body, smushed face RCS

josu2

Has anyone ever seen an RCS that looks like this fellow? I can't tell if it's a genetic deformity or maybe just the gruesome aftermath of an injury (it is plausible that a larger snail fell on it when it was young). It moves a little strangely, but has been alive like this for at least a couple weeks since I first saw it. It seems to be able to feed just fine.

post-3393-0-05465300-1457317395_thumb.jp

post-3393-0-73746500-1457317397_thumb.jp

post-3393-0-54629800-1457317400_thumb.jp

post-3393-0-86856900-1457317403_thumb.jp

Looks like a bad molt. One time i had an orange sakura who had a bad molt and looked like that. Lol

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Great, so if he molts and goes back to normal I'll never know if that's what happened or if he met his demise.

Great, so if he molts and goes back to normal I'll never know if that's what happened or if he met his demise.

Yup pretty much. Never saw that same orange shrimp after month or so. So i assumed it either died or molted back to normal lol

One of my AB was like this too. I'm not sure did I bought him like this or it molted in my tank but it was very shortly after I bought them. I even kept him away for a while but then decided to put him back into the tank. I've never seen that guy after or didn't see him difformed... I got 12 shrimp but can count only 11 at times... but the tank has a lot of places to hide...

Yup pretty much. Never saw that same orange shrimp after month or so. So i assumed it either died or molted back to normal lol

• 3 weeks later...

A few weeks later, I am pretty sure that this shrimp has molted and looks relatively normal. Its coloration (color and coverage) was different from the rest of the colony and I have suddenly seen a normally shaped oddball like this one but no sign of the smushy face fellow. I'm thinking/hoping they are one and the same. Between my recent vacation and their snail tankmates, it would be possible that the shrimp in the OP could have died and been eaten up before I had seen it...but I'm leaning towards a molt-n-fix.