Beautiful Red Root Floaters for sales 10cm X 10cm $11

GreenPepper

• 3 weeks later...

OK GreenPepper how are your plants so red?  I have these as well and mine just have a little tinge of red on the edges even on new growth.  Thanks

Thanks

4 hours ago, Soothing Shrimp said:

Iron + high light?

4 hours ago, OMG Aquatics said:

I believe it's CO2.

In my TB tank, they are green leaves.

In my planted co2 tank, they are red leaves.

Same light.

Thanks Guys.  I have plenty of iron in my water (and sink) and great lighting, so it's the extra co2.  I guess I'll have to get more fish at the auction next weekend to provide more co2     Sorry Dear

2 hours ago, repsaJ said:

I was under the impression floating plants utilized atmospheric CO2 instead/in addition?

What kind of light are you using?

Your right about airborne co2, but I'm not sure how much is available with a relatively tight fitting lid.  My lighting on this tank is an old homemade duel CFL unit with one 32W and one 23W.  I'm not sure on spectrum or K rating.  We got them from a LFS (tricker.com, since 1892) and my wife says they never were that red, even though they were under natural sunlight.  Might just be varietal as it is with most plants, although it sounds like OMG has the same variety.  I bought them more for nitrate removal then color.  Thanks for the help.

18 hours ago, oem said:

OK GreenPepper how are your plants so red?  I have these as well and mine just have a little tinge of red on the edges even on new growth.  Thanks

light.  they look bringt red if I take them out under the sun light during warm weather

Thanks GP.  My plants grow like the weeds they are, removing them constantly.  I think that maybe it's my local variety, but will move some into one of my new tanks with different lighting when they are set up to see what happens.