Robert Bauer

brocknorman

Ok guys, I just got my purchase of 6 Blue Bolts from Robert Brauer( SHRIMPUSA)...

And they all came alive and healthy! They are swimming all around. Here is a pic of some of them.58e46df5cd2036e03d3f0e184272f19d.jpg

They all look good to me. If you see any bad things on them please comment. Thanks for your time!

-Brock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear it, hard to see the Blue Bolts, but glad they are happy and lively.

i also received infected bloody marys from him and it crashed my super princess bee tank. Fortunately it led me to meet a lot of cool people in my search to find a cure lol. They had that green parasite on the underside of their tail. It was nasty I got rid of the shrimp immediately 

I’m under the impression it’s hit or miss when it comes to imports. On one hand, you usually get beautiful breeding-age adults. On the other, you could potentially receive sick ones.

In my case, I received 18/20 csky blues and 10/10 red rillis. Received a refund for the two doa, and was overall very lucky. They looked great - no broken rilli patterns and one hundred percent, actually blue coverage, which is a lot more than what I can say about some “breeders”.

I hate to say this, but i bought 10 Neon Yellow neos at the Green Water Aquarist swap meet on March 20. I looked over, no green plague, so I went for it. Arrived home half hour later 1 already dead. I have 3 left now. The regular yellow neos I have in the same tank are fine. I learned my lesson and will just buy from trusted sources.

I know Bob Bauer for 5 years.He is a good guy. The shrimps are only income he has,I think.He is trying to do the best for his business but he cant control the imports.

In fact he is one of the main importers who opened the TB shrimps door for USA market 3-4 years ago.

90% of the shrimps imports back then/3-4 years ago/ were good and only 10% bad quality or sick.

Unfortunately we have no control over eastern breeders. You are sending the money and you start praying to get something reasonable.

I imported 5 times myself and decided that it is not worthed. Too much troubles and failures cost me thousands of $

With the Neos the bad happens much often 

1. they are breed in outside pools or small lakes-parasites, bacterias, different water condition and poor water filtration

2. Their water is more forgiven for bacterias and parasites.

3. they are selling with thousands for cheap ,who will care how good they are.

My advice is if you are interested in Neos you MUST have quarantine tank..

Everything new should stay there for 3-4 weeks before is introduced to you main tanks.

After reading all the posts I was wondering, if you know you are getting shrimp from overseas is there a broad spectrum medicine that can be put in a quarantine tank with maybe a anti fungal as well?  I'm not big into the overuse of such products, but for new gene pool to help the U.S. hobby it may have to happen

Green belly infection is a big problem, white worms over the head of the shrimps.Planaria,Hydra,mosquito larvae.

Gills infection caused by drastic temperature changes during shipping.

There are some medications in China and Taiwan but they are prohibited in US. 

I was trying to buy some from England 3 years ago but they refuse to ship it to here.

I bought some sick shrimps on purpose and kept them at work .  Treated them with most common antibiotics and the result was very poor.

The best result I saw with food grade hydrogen peroxide but still I lost 90% of the sick shrimps.

36 minutes ago, plamski said:

Green belly infection is a big problem, white worms over the head of the shrimps.Planaria,Hydra,mosquito larvae.

Gills infection caused by drastic temperature changes during shipping.

There are some medications in China and Taiwan but they are prohibited in US. 

I was trying to buy some from England 3 years ago but they refuse to ship it to here.

I bought some sick shrimps on purpose and kept them at work .  Treated them with most common antibiotics and the result was very poor.

The best result I saw with food grade hydrogen peroxide but still I lost 90% of the sick shrimps.

plamski, could you, please, elaborate about this?