Mystery Snail

I have these 4 tanks aligned next to each other. And I have an exploring mystery snail. It's always goes from tank to tank to tank, I believe it goes and steals food and returns to its original tank

I just think it's hilarious. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Lol I love that. So far, I did have one female crawl onto the carpet after I put too much water in the tank. She left a slime trail. I usually leave about 2 inches of space above the waterline so they have space to lay eggs, but I prefer the way tank looks when it's filled to the rim.

I also have about 60 babies that crawled out of a marina breeder box box and into the main tank because I missed a few feedings. I fear they are at a disadvantage when it comes to feeding time now since the adults are little pigs. They go on rampages at the smell of any food.

LOL! Mystery snails are seriously weird, I love it. They're always doing something to surprise me. Luckily, none of mine have left any tank just yet, but I have taken care to cover up as much as I can. My newest tank may pose a problem when/if they start wanting to lay eggs, though, because they won't have an obvious place to do it but they do have an area where they can get out.

My original mystery snail, a female bought from the LFS and kept alone, was in my care for 3-4 months before she suddenly starting laying eggs. The main change before she laid eggs was she went from a tank with a glass versa-top lid to one with a black plastic Aqueon hood, on which she has laid lots of eggs. It seems that some of them are willing to just wait until the environment suits them to lay the eggs. Others seem perfectly wiling to just take a chance on dry land.

I'm sorry, but I must "officially ban" all future discussion about snail escapades. Mine were perfectly well behaved until this thread appeared. Now my gold has disappeared and my purple was found on the carpet this morning (alive). You all are a baaaaddddd influence! ;)

9 hours ago, Wygglz said:

I'm sorry, but I must "officially ban" all future discussion about snail escapades. Mine were perfectly well behaved until this thread appeared. Now my gold has disappeared and my purple was found on the carpet this morning (alive). You all are a baaaaddddd influence! ;)

I would stop checking the SS forum with them reading over your shoulder.