How's this for a shrimp playground :p

MABJ

I have one of these trees, they wasnt any more than you would pay for a nice piece of driftwood, Only paid $60 for mine. They are handcarved from overseas. Bonsai is poisonous to fish if put in an aquarium....

that is really sweet looking!

Thanks guys! Yeah I paid $60 for mine as well. I'm super excited to get it.

I'll be putting round pellia on it. That should simulate the look of a tree more than moss would I think.

I'll post a journal as I start to build this tank.

Very cool, that will look awesome!

Bonsai is not a species of tree or shrub, it is an art form of shaping and pruning. The particular species of bonsai would determine whether it is poisonous or not and if it was free of toxins that could be harmful to our water pets.

I was unaware of this product being a product that was man-made (carved). My post was strictly based on what I thought was an unsuccessful bonsai. Sorry for my misinterpretation. It does look nice covered with moss.

Bonsai is not a species of tree or shrub, it is an art form of shaping and pruning. The particular species of bonsai would determine whether it is poisonous or not and if it was free of toxins that could be harmful to our water pets.

I was unaware of this product being a product that was man-made (carved). My post was strictly based on what I thought was an unsuccessful bonsai. Sorry for my misinterpretation. It does look nice covered with moss.

If it's any constellation I knew what you meant :D.

any one tried rose roots (dead rose bush) in a tank? i know they are fish safe. same with grape wood. that might work well in soft water shrimp cause i under stand it takes a while to stop leaching

Never Even heard of them. They sound neat. Any pictures/links?

Wasnt trying to offend you.....

So here we go! I got it today.

This thing isn't carved out of two pieces of wood believe it or not 0.o.

It's pretty great and I can't wait to make it the focus of a tank.

Posted Image

it,is actually two pieces of wood. They are hand carved and put together Well. I spoke with a guy that made them, very cool piece. from experience lightly boil it for about 30-60 mins. it leeches Lots of tannis. they are awesome! fissiden looks good on it!

-Chris

If you look with a magnifier you will see he used some sort of wood putty to smooth the lines, I broke a branch off moving is how I discovered it to begin with.

-Chris