jifstone's shrimp journal!

jifstone

Hello!

I've been an aquarist for almost my whole life. I started to get into shrimping about four months ago and I've been loving it! Right now, I have two shrimp tanks: a jarrium and a 10 gal. 10 Gal was set up few days ago, so it's just a waiting game for it to be planted and cycled. Jarrium is an established and mature aquarium. It's a simple ~3.5 gall glass jar that I bought from walmart for 20 bucks. It's an awesome jar! However, it's curved and the glass isn't the highest quality, so it can be difficult to get good pics of inhabitants. 

pVEbHqI.jpg

h7JV82O.jpg

As you can see, 10 gall is covered by ADA amazonia dust. It needs some work! I'll add more info about 10 gal as I go. 

Jarrium flora:

Tiger lily lotus

c. nurii variants

c. parva

buce

bacopa caroliana

l. arcuata

two unknown sagi species

rotala vietnam (this plant grows surprisingly well in low tech!)

various mosses and dwarf riccia

Jarrium fauna:

pond snail

mts

red wine

blue bolts

2 female pfrs

Random shrimp pics:

uBmoU9b.jpg

Berried blue bolt! She started out as a low grade BB and look at her! I'm expecting shrimplets next week. 

RMZgSBc.jpg

XFEGxBR.jpg

pdd28X8.jpg

cqTZz8U.jpg

Berried red wine. There's 5-7 berried shrimps at the moment. 

So, the 10 gal is cycled and I bought 10 ghost bees to put in it! Ghost bees will be used for my breeding projects extensively. I'm going to cross ghost bee with aura blues and then back to ghost bees. My goal is that I'll get interesting clear bluish bodied with minimal white markings. Ghost bees have been doing a great job of cleaning up the ADA dust and algae! I have shipments of Aura blues and RBT coming. I'm excited for the new shrimps!

6eqJiP5.jpg

vxKN9nq.jpg

My shrimplets are so tiny and it's rather difficult to find them within the jungle haha. I hope that there's plenty of food for them in the stems. I've found babies that look like bkk jelly and covered in white with orange eyes. I think that the orange eye is probably just lighting and will go away in the time. BKK jelly probably will turn into a shadow panda but as it is now, it's a pretty little blue shrimplet. So far, it looks like I have 10 something red pandas, 3 BKK/jelly, 1 blue bolt, and 1 snow white/pink bolt shrimplets. I'm enjoying the diversity in my shrimplets. There's still 2-3 berried moms. I'm hoping that other girls will berry again soon! 

whwspdA.jpg

SOQ3Sxs.jpg

A bunch of shrimps meeting in the jungle

kSon38m.jpg