Light benefits

Beside providing proper lighting for plants that we keep in our shrimp tank, what is the other benefits that can affect shrimp directly or indirectly? one of the indirectly benefits is that shrimp feed on tiny zooplanktons which in turn feed on phytoplankton that requires proper lighting to survive and thrive.

If you know of any other advantages post them here.

I would say it provides them with a realistic environment. Stable light is what they would have in the wild. It also affects coloring as they get darker in no light.

-Chris

the amount of light over the typical aquarium is far more than is natural, if you aren't growing plants / algae (for them to eat) then the light from the room the tank is in should be enough

I've seen fish rooms with just a few fluorescent lights in the middle of the room and the fish still breed and are perfectly happy

it can help keep them breeding in winter and provide heat as well. 

i had a 5 gal in my bedroom next to my bed when i was in ky. i had crs in it. i was bad with lights lol i would keep them on super long. i would get up between 9 and 11 light would come on when i would get up and go off when i went to bed between 1 and 3 am. my crs never stopped breeding. i dont know how much it really affected them but i do know the other crs i had in my fish/shrimp room that the light would come on and go off on more of normal cycle would stop breeding in the winter. they were the same shrimp i just moved the biggest majority to a larger tank.