Blue diamond neocaridina

Ok.  I got confused then [emoji4]  I'll have to work my way up into breeding good quality red rili from the BVs expressing RR genes...I think....

*I'll have to wait to see what quality of red rili they produced, and try to take the best red rilis and breed them in another tank?

Then when I get a consistent good quality red rilis, breed them back to low quality BV? (or what I have, because I believe I still have better quality BV not expressing red rili genes, but still in the 'blue shrimp' tank-which I'll have to remove anyway if they are BV)*

I realize I could buy good quality red rili, but I'm really just working with what I have for now.   

But if I WAS in a rush and serious about breeding BBRRs and BBRRs only, are the options above the only way to acheive that?   If not, are you suggesting I'll have big culling job ahead of me in this 5g BBRR tank too?  Lol, is just getting started with shrimp!  At least I can seperate the shrimp easier. 

And btw, absolutely no offense taken, just to make sure, I just want to understand.  Thanks for all your help!

You just gotta work with what you have. I wouldn't separate the better red rilis, I'd remove the poor quality red rilis from the high grade BV population, only leaving your best patterned RR and brightest BV.

There's really no fast way. You just gotta be vigilant and know what you're looking for.

That's good advice.  And makes good sense too.  To say the truth,  I wasn't looking at it that way. I don't just want BBRRs, I want the brightest blue bodied red rili with the best rili coverage. ;)

• 1 month later...

Well,  it doesn't matter anymore about segregating.  Those poor quality blue diamond shrimp wiped out all those blue shrimp at the beginning of the thread in the pics :(  I'll just start all over again with the 8g like I planned and white sand.  My cull tank still has some wild/mixed shrimp.  The BBRR project is stalled for now and I'll just try to get some healthy shrimp back.

Tx Soothing Shrimp.  The chain LFS AND the person who sold me the shrimp didn't take any responsibly at all.  That angers me the most.  Selling shrimp off for cheap that they just want out of the store.  Rant.....