Discovery

See I've never been a fan of any of the bee shrimp patterns. Just not my thing but can see why people like them.

I really like tiger patterns, deep dark colors, or subtle touches of color that pop.

But then again some tiger patterns in Tibee are nice and those getting helped with the bee pattern, so I guess indirectly I'm a fan.

Chris

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

My little guys are growing fast and starting to color up. These shrimp are really neat and have a lot of personality, I see potential for selective breeding  and in time could produce some shrimp that rival tibees in beauty.

post-193-0-36622100-1406063215_thumb.png

post-193-0-21105200-1406063229_thumb.png

You don't like the mustang shrimp bro? They are awesome!

Honestly not really. They look like too much is going on for me.

Just my personal opinion though, like when I am building a car I like it to look like it could have roll off the show room floor but aggressive and different in little ways. I still can appreciate and think crazy modifications are amazing just not something I would build.

I appreciate and think bees and others look amazing just not something I would selectively breed.

If that makes sense at all lol.

Chris

• 1 year later...

I think I might have gotten some Super Princess Bee Shrimps in a shipment. Not 100% sure though. They were labelled as Bee Shrimps from an HK supplier. Was thinking bumble bee shrimps when I got them but pattern seems very similar to the super princess bee.

Will snap some pics tonight

So it turned out my wild bee shrimp is a bumblebee shrimp after all but not  Caridina cf. breviata.  They been as id'd as Caridina venusta  by Chris Lukhaup.  Colors are more solid than other bumblebee shrimps and they have a shorter rostrum as well.

SKA-8207228_zpskxs1fw7i.jpg

SKA-8207302_zpsaewx8mo3.jpg

SKA-8207298_zpsysspdbqc.jpg

th_SKA-8207251_zpsfdh3elvc.jpg th_SKA-8207240_zps23czf4fe.jpgth_SKA-8207237_zpsqospt6go.jpg th_SKA-8207232_zpsdwmfy70o.jpg