USPS news

Soothing Shrimp

http://education.yahoo.net/articles/jobs_that_are_slipping_away.htm?kid=1O2EC

Career That's Slipping Away #1 Postal Service Clerks

Likelihood of Computerization: 95 percent

Before email and online postage sites, most people couldn't communicate without these workers. Postal service clerks are the people who sell money orders, stamps, envelopes, and other mailing-related products, along with calculating postage and answering postal questions, according to the U.S. Department of Labor.

Bleak Outlook Factor: As automated bill pay and email use increases, the subsequent decline in first-class mail volume will adversely affect employment, says the Department of Labor. Eric Miranda, a career counselor at CollegeAdmissionsReview.com, agrees.

"The volume of mail going through the postal system has decreased over the years with the increased use of email," says Miranda, "That's not going to change. More people are emailing documents - and mailing letters less."

This may be why employment of postal service clerks is projected to decline 32 percent from 2012 to 2022, representing a loss of 139,000 jobs.*

* Job growth and projected new job numbers are from the U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-2015 edition.

its true to a point. i dont see people only using ups and fedex for package any time soon. and with cable in my town you either pay online or mail to az. they dont take payments in the office here any more. 

heck there isnt even a ups/fedex here in town. we have a ups store but if a box gets delivered and your not home to get it you have to travel 50 miles to get it. i think alot of it depends on where your at

its true to a point. i dont see people only using ups and fedex for package any time soon. and with cable in my town you either pay online or mail to az. they dont take payments in the office here any more. 

heck there isnt even a ups/fedex here in town. we have a ups store but if a box gets delivered and your not home to get it you have to travel 50 miles to get it. i think alot of it depends on where your at

You can also sign up for UPS My Choice. It's free and it allows you to authorize the driver to leave the package at a secure location if no one is home. Nowadays, most of the people that go to the post office only goes there to pick up mail. maybe 10% actually need help purchasing postage when postage is a lot cheaper online. Once the old are gone and new generations take over, USPS will lose basically all their clerks.

What sucks is the online is so jacked up,now. I have tried on multiple computers recently and ended up buying 30$ worth of postage that wouldn't print. Speedie has the same problem. They make you wait 2-3 weeks for a refund, it's absurd. Can't get help at a local office They have nothing to do with online, customer service didn't help much either. Its not worth the gamble to save the 30 cents for me, I still go in lol.

-Chris

What sucks is the online is so jacked up,now. I have tried on multiple computers recently and ended up buying 30$ worth of postage that wouldn't print. Speedie has the same problem. They make you wait 2-3 weeks for a refund, it's absurd. Can't get help at a local office They have nothing to do with online, customer service didn't help much either. Its not worth the gamble to save the 30 cents for me, I still go in lol.

-Chris

I don't know wth is wrong with USPS Click n Ship.  They won't let me process my orders online at all.  I have to resort to using paypal multishipping which don't have all the bells and whistles as Click n Ship.  Pretty damn ridiculous how they don't want my money, or should I say make me work extra hard to give them my money. lol 

half the time when i order stuff that has ups shipping it ends up getting delivered by usps any way. and usp uses usps to fly stuff as well. that happened over christmas and caused all kinds of normal post delays because ups over promised delivery dates and couldnt make them. i really dont think usps is going any where. yeah they are getting shrunk down but they wont leave totally

ive never had a prob with click and ship. i have an account with usps and never had a prob printing and shipping. tracking is another thing though lol i would say 95% of the time it updates but there are some times it dont