Hello new friends

waterbear

Hello friends.   I've been reading the site for a while but I decided to join because I have started a shrimp rack project and I am in need of some guidance.  I've been keeping aquariums and fish for over a decade but I am new to fancy shrimp.   However I have some amanos in my community tank and I kept them in the past as well.  After lots of research I'm ready to dive in head first but I still have some questions.

Looking forward to becoming a member of the community.  Peace!

Welcome! I love your handle. Did you know Tardigrades, or water bears, exist everywhere and in all forms of water on the planet, can live in space, and are able to withstand high levels of radiation making their exoskeleton one of the strongest materials on the planet. They've also survived all four mass extinctions. So yeah, cool name! Haha!
And welcome to TSS! You'll feel right at home here!!
Nick

Thanks for the welcomes all!

On 10/16/2016 at 2:02 AM, Mr. F said:

Welcome! I love your handle. Did you know Tardigrades, or water bears, exist everywhere and in all forms of water on the planet, can live in space, and are able to withstand high levels of radiation making their exoskeleton one of the strongest materials on the planet. They've also survived all four mass extinctions. So yeah, cool name! Haha!
And welcome to TSS! You'll feel right at home here!!
Nick

Thank you for noticing the name. :) Yes I am very fascinated by Tardigrades.  They are amazing little creatures.   I've also read they have the most foreign and unique DNA in the animal kingdom and it is said that they can steal DNA from other organisms in their surrounding environment and incorporate it into their own for survival.

They are kind of cute too in a strange way haha.