Orchid

ctaylor3737

Thanks, now just to keep it going lol. Don't have much luck with these ones. Last one perished when my lady put it on the porch lol

-Chris

No don't really do anything special. I keep it low light and water once a week. Fertilize once a month

-Chris

This kinds isn't to bad. I plan on decorating my basement with them. Some strains need high humidity and more care. These ones are the noob ones lol. I even think I bought this one at Lowe's. It's fascinating what the flower look like.

-Chris

Chris ,

Over the years I stopped using fertilizer and use fish tank or shrimp tank water.  If you vacuum the bottom you are getting great fertilizer which will never burn your orchids and the plants love it .

I use tank water once a week when I water them and if you ever happen to set up a turtle tank , That water is like steroids for plants . You might also like a Fly trap .  Very neat plants that require same conditions as orchids . 

I had two large plants that were doing great but for some reason in a week they died . I cant figure out why . I will be getting more.

High,

Yes they grow outside here all year long in shaded areas . I don't know what area you are in but Tropical Park on Bird road for months had orchid flea markets . They stopped now due to the heat but come fall they start again.

Chris ,

Over the years I stopped using fertilizer and use fish tank or shrimp tank water. If you vacuum the bottom you are getting great fertilizer which will never burn your orchids and the plants love it .

I use tank water once a week when I water them and if you ever happen to set up a turtle tank , That water is like steroids for plants . You might also like a Fly trap . Very neat plants that require same conditions as orchids .

I had two large plants that were doing great but for some reason in a week they died . I cant figure out why . I will be getting more.

High,

Yes they grow outside here all year long in shaded areas . I don't know what area you are in but Tropical Park on Bird road for months had orchid flea markets . They stopped now due to the heat but come fall they start again.

thanks for the tips, I want a fly trap soon. been reading up on them.

-Chris

I ordered red fly hybrids seeds on ebay from FLOWERCAVE . I have ordered from him before .  For $2 or $4 you get unusual venus fly traps which you will not find in stores but he mostly sells seeds (they grow easy) .

I used to have very pretty pitcher plants but I gave them away because house geckos were laying eggs in them which were dissolved and eaten and baby geckos were being eaten by them so I didn't want them outside .

I have never had any lizard go in the fly traps .