Organic "Predator"; Quick 4-6 hours Remove unwanted Snails, Planarians etc. Decomposed by itself!

GreenPepper

Ok, I tried it today in an empty tank with moss. Was targeting hydra but I realized there were planaria on the glass. (Ewwww) Safe to say I don't see anymore hydra, wiggly white worms, snails, or hydra after the treatment. I see a tiny copepod or two but that's it. Very easy application with the little teabag too. Been battling hydra forever. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, I tried it today in an empty tank with moss. Was targeting hydra but I realized there were planaria on the glass. (Ewwww) Safe to say I don't see anymore hydra, wiggly white worms, snails, or hydra after the treatment. I see a tiny copepod or two but that's it. Very easy application with the little teabag too. Been battling hydra forever. Thanks!

Nice! Glad it helps

Just in case anyone else was wondering, I figured I would share what I was able to dig up on saponin, and how it relates to/effects shrimp. The only info I was able to find was related to marine shrimp - and while the physiology between them and freshwater shrimp is pretty similar, I am not hugely knowledgeable about the specific differences that may influence toxicity in fresh vs marine invertebrates.  It does seem that this stuff is extremely bad juju for fish.

From this link:

http://www.fao.org/docrep/field/003/ac006e/AC006E09.htm

Saponin is the best known compound to selectively poison fish without damaging the shrimp or food organisms in the pond. It is 50 times more toxic to fish than to shrimp and so it is safe to use, while shrimp are in the pond. At the recommended dosage, it does not affect rotifers and copepods. It is bio-degradable and losses its toxicity after a short time, probably two or three days.

The most commonly used source of saponin is teaseed cake, a residue from the processing of oil from the seeds of Camellia.

Also:

http://teasaponin.blogspot.com/2013/06/application-of-tea-saponin.html

(2) Molluscicide area: The natural molluscicide is made up of saponin, it is an organic molluscicide without any potential harm to human, animals and environment. It is largely applied in rice field to kill snails, especially Golden Apple Snail with good efficacy. TSP can ensure high harvest and top quality of rice without accumulated harmful elements.
(3) Aquaculture area: natural pesticide T.Saponin is extensively used in aquaculture to eliminate unwanted fish and harmful insects in the fish and prawn ponds. Its mainly content is tea saponin. Help shrimps take off shell earlier and enhance the growth of shrimps. Detoxify quickly in water and are not injurious to cattle and people who may use the water. Leave no cumulative adverse residues, and it is readily available, economical to use. It can prevent the black-gill shrimp disease and control parasites as well as improve the ecdysis and growing.

And also(this is interesting- would be curious to know if this immune system boost also occurs in FW shrimp):

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1050464807001556

In another experiment, shrimp immersed in seawater containing different concentrations of saponin after 72 h were challenged with V. alginolyticus at 3.2 × 105 colony-forming units (cfu) shrimp−1, and then placed in seawater. The survival rate of shrimp immersed in seawater containing saponin at either dose was significantly higher than that of control shrimp after 12 h, as well as at the termination of the experiment (5 days after the challenge). It was therefore concluded that L. vannamei immersed in water containing saponin at 2 mg L−1 or less exhibited an immunomodulatory effect, as well as protection against V. alginolyticus infection.

Will you have any in the future? I might be interested if I ever see planaria in my tank.

Hahahah... of course u can pick up some now in case.

Just in case anyone else was wondering, I figured I would share what I was able to dig up on saponin, and how it relates to/effects shrimp. The only info I was able to find was related to marine shrimp - and while the physiology between them and freshwater shrimp is pretty similar, I am not hugely knowledgeable about the specific differences that may influence toxicity in fresh vs marine invertebrates.  It does seem that this stuff is extremely bad juju for fish.

From this link:

http://www.fao.org/docrep/field/003/ac006e/AC006E09.htm

Saponin is the best known compound to selectively poison fish without damaging the shrimp or food organisms in the pond. It is 50 times more toxic to fish than to shrimp and so it is safe to use, while shrimp are in the pond. At the recommended dosage, it does not affect rotifers and copepods. It is bio-degradable and losses its toxicity after a short time, probably two or three days.

The most commonly used source of saponin is teaseed cake, a residue from the processing of oil from the seeds of Camellia.

Also:

http://teasaponin.blogspot.com/2013/06/application-of-tea-saponin.html

(2) Molluscicide area: The natural molluscicide is made up of saponin, it is an organic molluscicide without any potential harm to human, animals and environment. It is largely applied in rice field to kill snails, especially Golden Apple Snail with good efficacy. TSP can ensure high harvest and top quality of rice without accumulated harmful elements. (3) Aquaculture area: natural pesticide T.Saponin is extensively used in aquaculture to eliminate unwanted fish and harmful insects in the fish and prawn ponds. Its mainly content is tea saponin. Help shrimps take off shell earlier and enhance the growth of shrimps. Detoxify quickly in water and are not injurious to cattle and people who may use the water. Leave no cumulative adverse residues, and it is readily available, economical to use. It can prevent the black-gill shrimp disease and control parasites as well as improve the ecdysis and growing.

And also(this is interesting- would be curious to know if this immune system boost also occurs in FW shrimp):

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1050464807001556

In another experiment, shrimp immersed in seawater containing different concentrations of saponin after 72 h were challenged with V. alginolyticus at 3.2 × 105 colony-forming units (cfu) shrimp−1, and then placed in seawater. The survival rate of shrimp immersed in seawater containing saponin at either dose was significantly higher than that of control shrimp after 12 h, as well as at the termination of the experiment (5 days after the challenge). It was therefore concluded that L. vannamei immersed in water containing saponin at 2 mg L−1 or less exhibited an immunomodulatory effect, as well as protection against V. alginolyticus infection.

Yes u got it right! that's y it kills. And this is the reason why you don't just go out there and get high purity saponin. Thanks for letting people know how important getting "Predator" from me, and this is your "only option"!

Thanks again

10 minutes ago, GreenPepper said:

Yes u got it right! that's y it kills. And this is the reason why you don't just go out there and get high purity saponin. Thanks for letting people know how important getting "Predator" and ur "Only Option" from me.

Thanks again

Definitely! I just thought some of these examples might answer any questions/qualms people might have with trying a new product like this.  Interestingly, daphnia and copepods are frequently sited in various scientific studies as a indicator for toxicity for higher order crustaceans. The fact that both seem to be relatively unharmed by concentrations high enough to kill fish seems to speak to its safety in shrimp only tanks.

Definitely! I just thought some of these examples might answer any questions/qualms people might have with trying a new product like this.  Interestingly, daphnia and copepods are frequently sited in various scientific studies as a indicator for toxicity for higher order crustaceans. The fact that both seem to be relatively unharmed by concentrations high enough to kill fish seems to speak to its safety.

I can't wait more people can try it and put their reviews here. I know some people (including me) have snails problem in their planted tanks or even hiding in the moss of their shrimps tanks. This Product is ONLY one out there at this moment can eliminate this problem.

For those who used this product, was there an ammonia/nitrite/nitrate spike after use?

If it was just a tiny spike, can people just use prime instead of doing a water change and removing shrimps from tank?

Yes, u are expecting ammonia spike. Since the unwanted organisms got killed. The dead bodies inside the tanks would cause the ammonia spike. Therefore, you need to follow my instruction attached with the product. It shows you step by step how to do it. It's not difficult, very easy to understand.

The level of spiking is based on how much you kill in ur tank. If u just have few snails, then u don't expect large spike. However, I would highly recommend you follow the instruction when you do it.

Yes water change and remove shrimps. The reason for removing shrimps is due to the ammonia spike after treatment. If the molt before the water change, they might be in danger.

Please let me know if I have more question. I'm here to help.

Would this be effective on limpets as well? I know they don't really harm anything, but I have them in one of my 20 gallon shrimp tanks and have smashed thousands by now with no improvement.

Would this be effective on limpets as well? I know they don't really harm anything, but I have them in one of my 20 gallon shrimp tanks and have smashed thousands by now with no improvement.

Not sure, but it should. U can give it a try and let all us know. Thanks

Just now, OMG Aquatics said:

"Remove all unwanted organisms (e.g. snails, planarians) in few hours."

That would mean a dip/bath in this solution would treat shrimps infected with Vorticella or Scutariella?

I'm not sure about this seriously.  my shrimps don't have these problem.  but you could give it a try with low dosage in a measuring cup.  Please let me know after u try it.  

17 minutes ago, GreenPepper said:

I'm not sure about this seriously.  my shrimps don't have these problem.  but you could give it a try with low dosage in a measuring cup.  Please let me know after u try it.  

I don't actually have the problem. Just asking in case others may wonder and since these issues do occur a lot when buying from specific sellers.

Just now, OMG Aquatics said:

I don't actually have the problem. Just asking in case others may wonder and since these issues do occur a lot when buying from specific sellers.

It's a very good question, if it does, people could do this treatment for import shrimps before putting them in the tank.  

if anyone want to give it a try, let me know, I will give out a free sample for the treatment and let me know if it works.  

24 minutes ago, OMG Aquatics said:

Also wonder if it has any effect on Ellobiopsidae since it's an unwanted organism.

Would be a big game changer if it does!

hahaha.. u made me wonder.... hahah.. Anyone?!  I can give some away if anyone want to try.  

• 2 weeks later...
Green Pepper did a great job responding to my request for this product...Big thumbs up!
Unfortunately I don't have a scale, so what fraction of a teaspoon does a gram equate to?

1 package is about 5 g. Just eye ball 1/5 for 1 g portion. In this formulation, little bit off should be ok. This give me a idea that I should quantify it with a spoon or something. Good suggestion