Yellows not hatching.

mangisda

3 months ago, I bought 20 yellow neos. A month after the females started getting berried. Since then, at least 5 females are berried and a few saddled all the time. But they drop their eggs before they hatch.

I have 2 other shrimp tanks. The reds are breeding constantly. The fantasy blues, which i acquired a month ago, already hatched 3 batches.

I dont test for parameters. Just keeping nitrates, nitrites, and ammonia 0. Water for all 3 tanks all from 1 source.

What causes them to drop their eggs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on what your KH, GH and TDS are. The nitrogen cycle is only part of the tank process. I hardly test for those anymore after the tank matures.monitor TDS daily though.

I've kept yellows in the past and I agree with soothing. Yellows are more fickle with their parameter requirements. I found that my yellows did really well when kept in more acidic and softer water. Low ph and kH and my yellows bred like crazy. The moment I moved them to an inert substrate and starting using tap where ph and gH was much higher, I immediately noticed breeding stopped. Babies survival rate dropped. They did fine in co2 injected and ferts dosed tanks. Something about acidic and soft water... They seem to love it..