Altering colors of TB

For CRS at least, if you want to enhance the white you can breed them with snow white shrimp from what i understand. Does the same apply to TBs when it comes to enhancing color?

If i wanted to strip coloring, can i breed a TB with a crystal white?

Or more interestingly can i influence a TBs color to be more red by breeding it with a red shrimp like red KK or red CRS?

"CRS at least, if you want to enhance the white you can breed them with snow white shrimp from what i understand. Does the same apply to TBs when it comes to enhancing color?"

You would wind up with mischling

"If i wanted to strip coloring, can i breed a TB with a crystal white?"

Yes.  That would give more opportunity for Blue Jelly or Green Hulk

"Or more interestingly can i influence a TBs color to be more red by breeding it with a red shrimp like red KK or red CRS?"

Again, to my understanding yes. 

i want to say i read on tpt that snow white will bring out the blue in blue bolt. as for stripes you will still get a few different grades when you breed them. so like a bkk can give pandas. and i think its getting where black will give black and blue and reds will give reds be it ruby or wine red. dont quote me on that though as mine are not breeding yet and i have them all together lol

For CRS at least, if you want to enhance the white you can breed them with snow white shrimp from what i understand. Does the same apply to TBs when it comes to enhancing color?

If i wanted to strip coloring, can i breed a TB with a crystal white?

Or more interestingly can i influence a TBs color to be more red by breeding it with a red shrimp like red KK or red CRS?

Are you in US ? Where is your source for crystal white?

Oh i dont have any of the above shrimp save CRS. im just trying to learn as much as I can so i can formulate a breeding goal before i commit to more shrimp.

The only crystal white ive seen belongs to speedieaquatics. I saw wonderful pictures of them.

Im in redwood city CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mcdonnellv

The only problems I'm seeing is that if you do pursue this potential project it'd be hard to find actual snow whites. People always have goldens and they assume that since snows and goldens look the same they call them the same. Goldens have more red in their genes whereas snows actually have the blue/black in their genes. I could be wrong in this regard but when I was trying to find snow whites this was the information I came up upon.

For example to increase blue coverage on the blue bolt you mix it with snow white to increase the coverage of the blue on the bolts body but will only see the effect after the second generation. I'd assume the same goes for stripping color off the BKK extreme and WR/RR extreme.

If you're trying to influence TB color by mixing with CRS you'd end up with mischling as previously stated.

Don't know if any of this helps ya but hope it does! =P

The white and blue colors are on the same place of gene order. Therefore to improve on more blue you will need a low quality of snow white( the low quality is based on the white coverage part).

Snow whites will throw the, I have a bunch in my tb tank

I'm wondering what your guys take is with snow whites and golden, if I get a red and white pinto will mating with one make the white more solid.