Working Saturday's sucks!

countryboy12484

As I was driving to work this morning at 5am I noticed I was the only car on the road and I started thinking how the rest of the world was still nestled in there beds lol... and I said to myself... This sucks!!!!! Anyone else having to go through this lol>_>

Try working nights lol, coming home Saturday morning and no ones moving and everyone's cars in their driveway. Sunday is even worse everything is closed that early.

I work 12 hr+ days for 14 days and am off for 14, so guess its a trade off. Working on a platform in the gulf can get long.....

Indeed, but only have 3 days left this hitch.... and a plant order from Han coming Tuesday when I get home Woo Hoo!

I can see it now... han sitting at the computer in sweat pants and a stack of stainless mesh, going man this is rough lol

I wish lol!

I used to not mind Saturdays/Sundays - they're just like every other day of the week. I don't hang out in real life so who cares which day I work?

Except now, working on Saturday means that I am working a twelve-hour day on Friday and Saturday, coming hot on the heels of my regular work week up to that point. If I also need to work Sunday, that's another eight to nine hours, with "normal" schedule resuming on Monday. No day off until the following Sunday, because although I'm scheduled off on Fridays, I need to go to work to take care of inventory and ordering, which will be behind because I didn't get to do it the week before.

My manager doesn't understand why this schedule doesn't work for me.

I used to not mind Saturdays/Sundays - they're just like every other day of the week. I don't hang out in real life so who cares which day I work?

Except now, working on Saturday means that I am working a twelve-hour day on Friday and Saturday, coming hot on the heels of my regular work week up to that point. If I also need to work Sunday, that's another eight to nine hours, with "normal" schedule resuming on Monday. No day off until the following Sunday, because although I'm scheduled off on Fridays, I need to go to work to take care of inventory and ordering, which will be behind because I didn't get to do it the week before.

My manager doesn't understand why this schedule doesn't work for me.

They never do boss, mine says the same thing. Been work in 12-16 daily lol.

Yeah, only the boss and the manager routinely get vacations. I asked last year, was told I couldn't because no one was available to cover for me. Then we had eight straight months of people quitting and us being short-handed. That took us up until right now - we've finally gotten over some of the personnel issues, and now people are going on vacation again.

Got an offer for one person to cover for me for a few days as he's looking for more hours, though. I'm probably going to take him up on that just to get some sleep.