VIDEO of DWARF BLUE CRAYS

3 minutes ago, Soothing Shrimp said:

LOL  The zoom in makes them look huge! 

Are they about an inch?

lol I know, they are so much smaller in person :)

The smaller female is just under an inch and the larger female is one of my older adults, she is 1.25"

All my females are 1-1.25 inches at adult size. 

This one is my favorite because her speckling is really cool...

femalecraybiggerone.jpg

Ahh! Where did you get them? I've been dying to get some dwarf blues for months now.

Very nice video! Yours are much bluer than the ones I have.

Not trying to hijack, but since we are the topic of berried diminitus....My largest mini blue is berried for the second time. She held on to her very first set of eggs for only 12-13 days, though she dropped most of the eggs within the first week. I don't know if her first batch resulted in any babies, but I saw her again today and she has a new clutch under her tail. Any advice on how to make this round more successful? I have a medium marina breeder box I can put her in if that would help. They seem feisty at times, so I'd imagine the isolation might be helpful.

I've only had them for a month, so any insight you all can offer will be helpful. Info on this species isn't as easy to find.

I've read that the diminutus crays are friendlier to one another (no lost limbs, death matches, etc.) than CPOs. Does that seem right in your experience?

I have only had mine for a few weeks in a 5.5 gallon, 8 youngsters just now coming into adulthood, but I have never seen any missing any limbs. Most confrontations are short as far as I can tell, with mostly claw waving. They even seem to wave their claws at me when I get close to the tank. I've never had any other crays, so I can't compare them to anything else.

I've never seen mine fight. When they run into each other they usually just exchange insults and go their separate ways.

One of my mamas hatched her eggs today and this little guy was not ready to leave mama.

55d63aba34385a2dcaacf13dec144093.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

On 3/29/2016 at 0:19 AM, josu2 said:

I've read that the diminutus crays are friendlier to one another (no lost limbs, death matches, etc.) than CPOs. Does that seem right in your experience?

Yes they are extremely docile (for crayfish) and I've never noticed any deaths or real fighting going on. No missing limbs either. I keep alot of these crays in one tank and they really do not bother one another. These are really fun crays and super easy to care for, breed etc.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone here is a video & pics of the 1/4" little guys I have for sale now.

They are very hardy at this size and since I have alot I like to sell them at this age. Better price for you as well. 

6 for $28 plus $12 to ship. 3 packages available.  USPS Priority Mail. Live arrival Guaranteed. I'm able to ship these next Saturday. 

Now, these are the exact baby crays I am selling. They can get somewhat duller then what you see here, depending on your water parameters. I have personally seen my blue ones turn brown the rare time, depending on the water quality. 

For reference - I keep mine in Tap water - PH 7.0 and Room temp. TDS is around 200. These are the parameters I keep them at and they are nice and Blue. The pics are taken under led lights.

BabyDwarfBlueCrays.jpg

BabyDwarfBlueCrays2.jpg