Blue Bolt and Shrimpy Daddy!

DETAquarium

Hey Shrimpspot!

I have the great opportunity to test the Shrimpy Daddy product line. This came at the perfect time as my two new shrimp tanks just finished cycling. I decided to test these products on my new Blue Bolt shrimp tank as I separated them out from my original Taiwan Bee colony.

As this Blue Bolt tank just finished cycling I used the guidelines listed on the Shrimpy Daddy website: "Water Restarting Procedure". As the conversion from liters to gallons are almost never whole numbers I did my best to come as close as possible.

Quick Specs of Tank:

• 17.1g Mr. Aqua Aquarium
  • Micmol Aqua Mini Color LED
  • Eheim 2213 Filter with Purigen and Biological Media
  • Controsoil "Fine" Black substrate

post-127-0-52859200-1440419802_thumb.jpg

Here are my test subjects:

Day 1

post-127-0-54648500-1440419848_thumb.jpgpost-127-0-97009600-1440419849_thumb.jpg

post-127-0-73236200-1440419851_thumb.jpgpost-127-0-93341500-1440419852_thumb.jpg

post-127-0-96100700-1440419854_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After two and half weeks I stopped the testing for two reasons. 1) This was the time several individuals began losing shrimp when using Shrimpy Daddy products in tangent with Controsoil. 2) I did not see any noticeable changes of my shrimp subjects

Sorry to disappoint, but I did not want to chance or risk the loss of dozens of Taiwan Bees.

After two and half weeks I stopped the testing for two reasons. 1) This was the time several individuals began losing shrimp when using Shrimpy Daddy products in tangent with Controsoil. 2) I did not see any noticeable changes of my shrimp subjects

Sorry to disappoint, but I did not want to chance or risk the loss of dozens of Taiwan Bees.

Been using SD line with ControSoil for past few months. No deaths :)

The only problem I had with ControSoil is it buffers my pH to around 5 and needs to be weakened before adding shrimp.