RCS Egg Color

Josh

Hey everyone,

I recently got some shrimps from @Mr. F as a birthday gift. All shrimp are doing well but he did tell me he threw in a berried female. Her eggs are yellow but will they change color as the days go by? I've seen some with green eggs and some with red so I'm a bit confused. Could I get some help? Thanks.

Usually the eggs tend to be yellow, but I have heard of people who have reported those other colors as well. No clue why that happens, but I am sure that some of the shrimp experts will chime in. 

So what kind of shrimp did you get?

3 hours ago, jem_xxiii said:

Usually the eggs tend to be yellow, but I have heard of people who have reported those other colors as well. No clue why that happens, but I am sure that some of the shrimp experts will chime in. 

So what kind of shrimp did you get?

Some RCS, great shrimp since I'm just getting started. 

Glad she didn't drop the eggs in shipping! She's, at most, a couple weeks along so hopefully you'll have many more than just the eight in a couple of weeks.. :D I hope they acclimated nicely and are doing well!

Some good news everyone. Went to feed the RCS tank and to my surprise I found another berried female who has green eggs while the other female has yellow eggs. Pretty interesting :)

Fed the tank this morning and it looks like I have some shrimplets now. I've only seen 3 but I hope to see more later on [emoji4]

Wooooooo!