Good news for SA

Shaun

Hi guys I am super excited!Shrimp and their import to SA is no longer illegal.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

awesome!  How did that change?  I can't imagine the shrimp lobby is big there ;)

Don't know exactly how but it did and that is all that matters.Probably finished theenvironmental studies.They are all over the importers lists.And there is a HUGE demand for them.

Well I was thinking a proper trio of green hulks I love green.But I am open to suggestions.I already have some sort of bastardized shrimp but not very good quality I fear. Truth be told I think I will hang back on the importing thing for a while as I am sure that there was a lot of illegal shrimp already being brought into the country and that the breeeders of those will start popping out of the woodwork. Naturally this also depends on the prices if I can import for cheaper than local prices then obviously I will do just that.

I know I have shipped shrimp products to South Africa a couple times over the years so at least some people were smuggling them in :)

I know I have shipped shrimp products to South Africa a couple times over the years so at least some people were smuggling them in :)

So you would be my go to guy then if I need some stuff Oblong?

Do you have to have exporting papers for that Oblong?

For hard goods I don't think you need exporting papers. When I went to send a package to my niece in japan I had to fill out a paper stating what was in the box, but never had to pay extra for exporting it

If it is wood or anything organic you will need papers especially if you mail to Australia and new Zealand.They have even tighter rules than us.

I think I have had issues shipping to Australia (several years ago) but otherwise I haven't had any problems. 

Australia has legitimate concerns about non-natives taking over their continent. It doesn't even need to be live vertebrates - diseases can be transmitted much more easily than people realize.