Sudden death in 3 separate tanks.

mangisda

I have blue, red, and yellow shrimp tanks. Zero in all bad parameters. Last water change in red and yellow 3 days ago, blue, 5 days ago. Yesterday no deaths. Today, when i turned on the lights, all 60+/70 blues(remaining are struggling as i type), 20+/150 reds, 4/20 yellows are dead. What could have happened?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The inside of teh blues look white- if so, you have a bacterial infection.

Are you using tap water?  Tap may have changed something on ya.

What is your TDS and gh?

Were aerosols sprayed neat the tanks?

What temperature are teh tanks?  Did you house have a temperature spike?

For they to die in that speed, it might be poisoning. Copper is known to kill shrimps like that. These shrimps can stay in a small bag of water without filtration for many days, so itbis probably not the regular parametera we test. Get a copper test kit and test tank and tap water.

I did a water change from the same source, my water aging tank, as soon as i realized the problem. 6 hours after, the 50/50 shrimps, about 3 berried blues and a couple of juvies, are now all acting normal and grazing like nothing happened.

Guys, guess what I've learned this morning. My cousin staying with me has been complaining about insect bites for the past week. He then told me that he used bug spray in his room across my fish room.

So... I guess I'll be spending the rest of my weekend apologizing to my wife. Hahaha

ouch man that sucks....at least you have a suspect :)