Cyano battle

featherblue

Any suggestions for beating the cyano that's trying to cover the waterfall in my 3g? Theres a guppy and my favorite colored neo culls in the tank

ruvanamu.jpg

9evanu9a.jpg

I always found that it grew where there were flow dead spots in my tanks. My approach is to treat with erythromycin initially to kill it then add a power head to create flow. However due to your small tank size I am unsure how to create flow as I'm not aware of any power heads that small.

The only way we've ever been able to beat cyano is with a 3-4 day total blackout. Get some black trashbags, tape them all the way around (and top, you have to remove even ambient light, no gaps) and leave it. Big water change when it's over, the dying cyano will spike ammonia. I don't feed the tank during. It's kind of a pain, but has worked for me every time.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

I use erythromycin and it works really well. 

A lot of meds are being taken off the shevlves. Quick cure as well.

I have a koralia nano 240 for flow along with a eheim 2211 with spray bar and the roots of my riparium plants which are in direct flow grow it fast and thick. And then my blood vomits in there glass orb grow it on the older leaves.

Doesn't e.r. Stain the tank and kill bb