New Products for The Shrimp Tank?

OblongShrimp

I was wondering if there are any cool shrimp foods or products that you guys have tried out there that you would like to see in the US

I'm boring.  I find a food and keep using it. LOL  I like Jake's sticks w ca+, but I'm chomping on the bit to have Jamie make and perfect her foods.

Whatever food I use, my favorte is pellets.  They are a roughly already measured, easy to keep and feed since dehyrates, and easy to break smaller if needed.

I'm boring.  I find a food and keep using it. LOL  I like Jake's sticks w ca+, but I'm chomping on the bit to have Jamie make and perfect her foods.

Whatever food I use, my favorte is pellets.  They are a roughly already measured, easy to keep and feed since dehyrates, and easy to break smaller if needed.

+1

I have never heard of that line before, any idea who manufactures it?

I will have to try and contact him about it....I have heard of it before.  Maybe I can get his magazine as well.

I sent them an email :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have Chris Lukhaup's magazines and his complete line of Shrimp King foods on the way :).  I am really excited to try out these foods since they actually list the ingredients and they aren't a bunch of fish meal and other byproducts, they actually have stinging nettle and spinach in them!!

I haven't figured it out yet but was going to work on it in the next couple of days.  Probably around $18-20

Substrate . We are severely lacking here in the USA . It makes acid loving shrimp conditions so much more stable and color , reproduction just general health so much better . At the current prices of around $75 for 14 liters and using 3" in a tank for best results it make's breeding Cardina an expensive proposition .

I have Chris Lukhaup's magazines and his complete line of Shrimp King foods on the way :). I am really excited to try out these foods since they actually list the ingredients and they aren't a bunch of fish meal and other byproducts, they actually have stinging nettle and spinach in them!!

I know it would be a bit of work, but sampler packs of new food would be awesome. Overall you can make a lot more, say per ounce, but moreover the customer can try many varieties for the price of one that way. Instead of dropping $20 on something you don't know if your picky shrimp will eat, you drop $10 and figure out which $20 bag they love. Just a thought.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I looked into importing lowkeys and reselling but its one of the more expensive lines of products and US buyers are CHEAP.

there are ways to get it if you are willing to make a little effort.

I know Dukendabears hasnt had much success selling it on TPT. His prices are a bit higher than where it can be found elsewhere but he's really the only person on TPT selling it.

I looked into importing lowkeys and reselling but its one of the more expensive lines of products and US buyers are CHEAP.

there are ways to get it if you are willing to make a little effort.

I know Dukendabears hasnt had much success selling it on TPT. His prices are a bit higher than where it can be found elsewhere but he's really the only person on TPT selling it.

thats true the lowkeys stuff is a bit expensive side. I would still like to try it at one point.

The market is flooded with shrimp foods/additive now :)

I second the "sample packs"

I purchased a sample pack and its great, my shrimp love some of the foods, but hate other stuff. I think I'd have been pretty peeved if I had bought a whole thing of one of the ones they hated

Shrimp King actually makes a sample pack for their foods.  I should be getting them in 2 weeks or so.  As soon as I found out about them I figured they would be a hit :)  They would also be good for people who only have one tank but want to feed more variety. 

• 3 weeks later...

H4n has shrimp king food

And Erik on another forum has lowkeys

I would like to see more substrates. Like the ista shrimp and plant ones here. I haven't been able to find it I was going to use that instead of Ada. It's supposed to be the same but no ammonia leeching process.

Substrate is a great suggestion. I have been looking for fluval shrimp stratum and cant find it anywhere. Found some ada amazonia but im not rdy to pay the hefty tag of 69 for 9l i believe it was.

Another thing that would be nice is some cholla wood. Ive been wanting to try that out. Got to get my ssghkh+ asap first :)