Ideal size tanks for shrimp rack.

Hi guys I know normally one say the bigger the tank the better & also more stable the parameters are but obviously its not that practical for shrimp racks due to space.

So what would you say is the best size to go for ?

for racks I like my 15gallon tanks.  I am able to but them on the short size and fit more on a rack.  They are 24" on the long side which fits well on most shelves. 

The 15 gallon ones are expensive but its worth it to be able to have them on edge and be able to fit more on the rack.  I guess 20 gallon talls would work too but I like the dimensions for the 15's more so its worth the extra $15-20 per tank.

For my new rack I am going with custom built 24" deep rimless (w/ eurobrace) tanks to maximize the 24" depth of my rack. All will be 12" high, some will be 12" wide (standard 15gal) while some will be 16" wide (20 gal).

On my 4 ft rack I can fit either 4 of the 15 gal or 3 of the 20 gal. The 20 gal are divided in half for selective breeding.

Went with custom rimless tanks as it ensure that I would be able to fit them on the shelf. My experience is that the plastic trim on standard tanks add about 1/2 extra width and you may not be able to fit 4 across depending on your rack.