Che3f, I appreciate your comments! Each person is different and what works for one person may or may not work for another. I think this is a great example of that. :)

Exactly. I think it was wise that I include that part about it being MY experiences.

How does a Fluval net make the shrimps not jump, swim, and hide? Or are you just saying once they're in the net, the shrimps are less likely to escape from a Fluval net?

I personally love the 3D nets and find them very easy to use EXCEPT when I'm trying to reach narrow places that a regular net will reach but the 3D net won't since it's bulky.

It's not that the Fluval makes the shrimp jump but Moreso keeps them from doing so.

Comparing the differences of the two nets, the 3D nets are usually less than 2" deep with an even opening at the front and end while the Fluval is roughly 3" deep with a tapering style. I can more easily swoop a swimming shrimp with the Fluval than the 3D.

Being that the Fluval is a tapering net, it prevents a lot more accidental escapes than the 3D. Once a shrimp is netted and escapes it will start jumping around more and this is what I'm referring to.

Both are good. I do own both. I just find more success netting shrimps with the Fluval whereas I'll use the 3D net for inspecting and culling.

• 4 weeks later...
These are some of the nets I'm using.  I find the plakat betta scooper to work very well.  It transfers the water with them and they don't seem to stress at all. 

post-246-0-71964200-1416968243_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have a glass shrimp catcher as well as a fluval net.  They are both useful to me because it's really easy to isolate and observe a shrimp without the shrimp really knowing it with the glass one.  The thing you have to watch is that the handle is hollow and leads directly from the catch basin.  This equalizes the pressure and you can catch shrimp easily but you have to be careful not to dump the whole thing out when you forget the handle is open and you bring it up to see the shrimp.  Ask me how I know!!!  I use the fluval in tight spots but do really like the glass one also.  Besides...they look really cool!

As an added note...I just received the net DiscoBee carries...outstanding!!!  I really am enjoying it much, much more than the flimsy fluval!  I would highly recommend it.

As an added note...I just received the net DiscoBee carries...outstanding!!!  I really am enjoying it much, much more than the flimsy fluval!  I would highly recommend it.

thanks!

I think i only have 1 left in stock :( gotta get more from my contact!

http://www.discobee.com/collections/shrimp-tank-supplies/products/extendable-3d-shrimp-net