ANBU's 20 Gallon Long Half Bare Bottom Tank

ANBU

I always wanted to try this method out. I probably want to add some Pandas in the near future :D

This is my 15 gallon long CRS tank

IMG_4157_zps75af6929.jpg

I setup the new tank next to it.

IMG_4180_zps71c84b7c.jpg

I added seachem matrix, ceramic rings, and the substrate on top of the undergravel filter.

IMG_4182_zpsb7fb09b5.jpg

I poured about 4 bags.

IMG_4183_zps01fae9c0.jpg

Added tap water so the tank could cycle properly.

IMG_4184_zpsb33a7be1.jpg

How it looks with light on.

IMG_4185_zpsa0f758af.jpg

There was no dust and its clear.

IMG_4188_zps7634a23d.jpg

Looks like a great start! Seems like alot of people are trying this technique out. Not sure the benefits still.

• 2 weeks later...

Omg. I am still awed by your set-up! The shrimp look to be doing great on the bare side! Do you just have those two anubias in there? Do most set-ups have minimal plants for easier view/catching or is that just preference?

Omg. I am still awed by your set-up! The shrimp look to be doing great on the bare side! Do you just have those two anubias in there? Do most set-ups have minimal plants for easier view/catching or is that just preference?

Yes, just two Anubias Petite. I like the simple look. Hoping it will grow more beautifully later on :D

I'm about to set up my 20 long, and I've been on and off Han's website looking at plants. I may go overboard on plants again. >.>

haha I know... I did the same thing. 20g long and 15g long are my fave dimension tanks.