Sponge filters and TBs

colorfan

I have sponge filters in all my tanks and small HOB filters. The HOB sponges want to reduce flow to almost none after about 1 1/2- 2 weeks they get dirty and I have to pull them out and clean them to restore flow to the filter. I dont want to have to keep sticking my hands in the tanks. 

I guess I am asking if anyone is successfully breeding TBs using sponge filters as their only means of filter

All I use is sponge filters in my tank, I have 2 tanks with an UGF and the rest are just sponge filters. I am able to run my whole fishroom off of one pump which is more cost effective for me.

Only sponge filters on my 10 gallon tanks. Works fine, breeding is good, no problems. I have the duel sponge filters so I only clean one side at a time as not to disturb to much of the bio filtration.

Thanks. Think I might do away with the HOBs

Really they are overrated for shrimp tanks IMO. Yea they are mechanical but the amount we feed shrimps is so small it shouldnt be needed. Now on my discus tank thats another story but shrimp is overkill