Noooo my worst fears realized. deaths.

Jadenlea

what plants are poisoness to shrimp?    I dont think I have anything really rare in there but... its another thought I guess

the shrimp left are all acting very lethargic too 

Hey, I see you have a sand substrate. How deep is it. I once had a sand substrate about 2 inches deep become anoxic. I found out when I came home to find dead fish and a few live ones acting sluggish on the bottom. It turned out it release hydrogen sulfide gas, Causing the deaths. I found out after I tore the tank down and could smell the rotten egg smell. Just a thought.

I have wondered about that too Meta!!!  I know gas can build up in sand,  Until this tank I have always had MTS to prevent that.. I just ordered some.    It is definitely something to consider .

soothing... you mentioned a tank reset... how do you do that? i didnt mean to hijack this thread but jaden's case of mystery deaths is almost as puzzling as my other post the fire red mystery death... which is weird... i heard and read somewhere fulvic acid, tends to improve substrate conditions and helps improve shrimp immunity and improved breeding... im testing this one out and see if things does improve and pan out... keeping fingers crossed...

jaden, best of luck to you i hope your situation improves... as for mine... im just hoping for the best... and praying no more deaths...

For all the death in this tank,  (none today)    I have pulled 7 berried Malawa out of there!!  The new tank isnt completely done cycling but I am only 2 days away from it being a month since spotting the first berried mal so they had to come out.  (no way to tell which one was the first)

I just kept finding berried mal after berried mal.   

I guess if they can survive the "Tank of death" they can survive a not fully cycled tank with daily water changes. 

These guys really are a freak of nature!

jaden,

hopefully... im keeping my fingers crossed.... saw two more dead ones this morning so i decided... what the heck if small gradual changes doesnt work maybe a full water reset might do the trick... i saw a drop in TDS... so hopefully this works... i also might be killing them with love, but feeding them twice a day.... so they are on a diet plan right now lol... might stop feeding them for 2 days to see what comes out... hehehehe

For all the death in this tank,  (none today)    I have pulled 7 berried Malawa out of there!!  The new tank isnt completely done cycling but I am only 2 days away from it being a month since spotting the first berried mal so they had to come out.  (no way to tell which one was the first)

I just kept finding berried mal after berried mal.   

I guess if they can survive the "Tank of death" they can survive a not fully cycled tank with daily water changes. 

These guys really are a freak of nature!

Aren't Malawas incredible?!?

soothing... could the aquarium size also be another factor.... i have now about 25 shrimps in a 5 gal tank... is that too small? i mean considering all options i have tried... water reset... ok water parameters.. .could the size of the tank affect them and stress them out... coz i have had my rilis and blue pearls both in 10 gal tanks and they are all fine... with exception to this fire red 5 gal tank of death... was thinking if i switched to a bigger tank would that work?

I moved some of mu fire reds into my rili tank and they seem to like it better... will observe further. Also i read some where that some breeders purposely add fire reds to x breed with their rilis to improve the red in their red rilis. Will wait and see. On the good news... got 2 new berried blue pearls and 2 berried fire reds