MTS

The debris becomes less visible, it's still in there. I would put 20-30 or so as they repopulate quickly. 

One thing I noticed when I had MTS is that most of the debris is under mesh. I had flame moss pads in there and every 2-4 weeks, I would lift the pads up slowly and you see most of the debris there and easily taken care of.

i got this from planet inverts...i bought some based on this info for whatever it's worth:

"The Malaysian Trumpet Snail is actually a benefit to any aquarium for several reasons. It will not eat your plants at all. This snail also will not "muscle" your shrimp off of food meant for the shrimp. The Malaysian Trumpet Snail feeds on detritus and leftover food that is underneath the substrate. It actually burrows in the substrate and moves around throughout. You will rarely see this snail during the day. Occasionally it will emerge from the substrate. A cool thing is that sometimes you will see the substrate move and you will know that there is a Malaysian Trumpet Snail underneath doing its cleaning duties.

The fact that this snail burrows and eats detritus is an excellent perk to having it. Another great perk is that while it is underneath the substrate moving it is at the same time aerating the substrate. Substrate aeration is a great benefit to planted aquariums as it promotes air exchange and root growth. They will not disturbed any plant roots or move wood/rocks around your aquarium."

The debris becomes less visible, it's still in there. I would put 20-30 or so as they repopulate quickly. 

One thing I noticed when I had MTS is that most of the debris is under mesh. I had flame moss pads in there and every 2-4 weeks, I would lift the pads up slowly and you see most of the debris there and easily taken care of.

20-30 for a 10G? If they reproduce quickly wouldn't you want to start with a smaller population?

I had them in my tanks before I moved.  They did a nice job  and i never had the population explosion that some people warned of.    I have been thinking of ordering more to keep the gases from building up in the sand. 

+1 miwu

My experience with these guys have been nothing but added success to my shrimp tanks :)

Hey guys, I have got MTS in my Sulawesi tank (ph over 7, temp around 27C) but I am suspcious to transfer some of my MTS to my Taiwan Shrimp tank which ph is below 6. Are you keeping them safe in low pH and low temp?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok i have wild trumpet snails, they may not be mts but here my opinion.

They eat leftover food and wastes like other snails, butthey burrow in the sand bed and in hence prevent bubbles they build up nitrates/nitrites and they help alottle with algae, they are live bearer snails, so they reproduce quickly, but they are very intelligient and they will only breed to what the tank can handle, they get kind big, like 2" long max, but I think the bigger they are the cool they are, also they look to me like sw cerith snails so if u cant have a sw tank but u ant something that looks like a sw snail get these.

This is just my 2¢ but I think u shoudl get them.