Just joined

Odin

Hey guys and girls, just joined and wanted to say hey!

I keep a planted community tank with cherry shrimp, red, orange and yellow and they are breeding like wildfire! Have around 80 and around 5 are burried as we speak.

73645ca5ecb98f6151263cba8bf13a1e.jpg

Im from the UK and look forward to reading some of the posts here.

Welcome Mech! We are glad to have you. Since you have mixed variations in your tank, have you seen any wild color offspring so far?

Welcome Mech! We are glad to have you. Since you have mixed variations in your tank, have you seen any wild color offspring so far?

I started off with around 12-15 red cherries with a pink stripe, after the past few months this is the result so I have no idea where the yellow and orange came from, some have light green saddles?!

The store I bought them from had lots of types mixed up but as this is a community tank it can go in what ever direction nature takes it.

I'm setting up an Opae ula tank this weekend too, a thread build will follow at some point :P

I'd like the tank to cycle first before adding these shrimp although I've been told they are hardy enough to go strait in.

Welcome!  Great to see people from other parts of the world finding this forum

Welcome Mech! 

Your shrimp are buried????  Unbury them quick!!  hehe.  Sorry I couldn't resist.  

Your shrimp are pretty, they remind me of koolaid drinks in the summertime.