any ballers?(paintball)

aquariumlover10

Is that a yes?

The kit is about $100 so probably total 200, its for my bday so I'm not buying it so I don't know the exact, the kit is the spyder victor player pack, it comes with a 68. Cal marker, a mask, a 9oz co2 tank(need a larger after awhile I know), and a basic 200 round hopper.

http://www.paintball-online.com/Kingman-Spyder-Victor-Player-Pack-Paintball-Marker-Kit-GNKSV12PP-0X.aspx

I I know need some pads and groin area protection too and a barrel sock.

I guess thats a good starter kit, seems just a step above full rental gear. not to bring you down, but if you are just starting out it will be a few years of hard work before you will have the skills needed to join a team.  once you get to that level you'll be playing every sat and sunday every weekend practicing with your team. 

paintball is not a cheap sport and requires lots of time.  been there done it. 

happy to help you learn and pick markers/gear along the way.

i've been playing for about almost 20yrs, played on a few teams. nothing professional but played/practiced with local pros.  speedball is a different monster from weekend walk on recball.

go slow. learn proper technique before moving up to expensive markers. a $1200 marker is nice but doesnt do you any good if you dont have body position skills.

i play with my pump marker a lot and go head to head with many kids with top of the line markers and usually come out on top. i shoot 5-10 balls max while their semi autos will dump 500 trying to take me out.

its a skill game. dont get tricked into thinking more expensive gear will win for you.

learn how to play pump. this will help you develop your skills. you'll be forced to because you'll go against so many with semi auto expensive markers.

if you can find somebody selling an empire sniper pump thats a great pump. I have one and love it. its the marker i loan out to friends when they want to try pump.

my pride and joy pump is a CCM T2.  for my semi markers I'm a Bob Long fan. i've owned Planet Eclipse, Empire, Dye, etc etc... I love my G6R and Insight.  

I also love me some Luxe but I'm loyal to Bob Long.

as for gear. get yourself some nice pants. very important.

Carhartts are the bomb. I bought a pair of lined jeans for farm work, worth every penny.

I wanted to practice targeting with a paintball gun instead of the CO2 rifle (I have a thing about practicing on equipment I don't own, it's because I break things - plus I need target practice most of all). Can someone point me to something good for just target practice?

You should practice with what you play with. Like real firearms they all shot differently and you need 100 if not thousands of rounds to become proficient. When you shot there should be no thought you should be shooting from muscle memory.

Okay, here's the deal: I don't expect anything earth-shattering out of this. My boss darts the wild hoofstock with a CO2 rifle. I have practiced once with it, and no way on earth am I anywhere near the level required to be trusted with that thing. He wants me to be able to at least dart vaccines and non-sedative drugs. Yeah, NOT happening. I know when I'm not ready for something.

What I need most is just plain getting over the nervousness around guns, and then some very old fashioned target practice with aiming something and pulling the trigger without flinching. I don't ever aim anything like that, never have. It's a completely foreign concept. I don't even shoot water pistols.

I figure, I need practice, I don't have time at work, I don't have the *resources* at work (I am so not explaining why half the CO2 canisters are empty when we have an emergency immobilization), and I'm starting from about thirty feet below ground zero newbie. So why not give paintball a try? It sounds fun, my coworkers were saying we ought to all go play some weekend. Why not buy a paintball gun and set up a target in my yard and go to town? When I feel comfortable with *that,* then I'll start practicing with the real thing.

I guess it doesn't matter what I would use. Really not expecting miracles here. I just want to stop worrying that I'll drop the gun. The constant panic is getting old, you know?

I am in one of those small places where everyone winds up doing a little of everything ... my job title is nominally "vet technician" but it ranges from mopping blood off the front steps to looking at poop under the microscope to placing medication orders ... so yeah, about three times a year, we need the dart gun to knock something out. And I can't even shoot things on video games! I feel like an idiot.

Uh, so I have a weird job.

If you lived in NY I would tell you to come t on my house. I take care of your gun shyness. I own everything ranging from be guns up to shoulder busters. And if realy wanted to shoot a 50 cal, I could arrange that.

If you lived in NY I would tell you to come t on my house. I take care of your gun shyness. I own everything ranging from be guns up to shoulder busters. And if realy wanted to shoot a 50 cal, I could arrange that.

You know, I'd worry about not being able to walk away from your house. I get beat up by little one pound squirrels, I don't want to know what a human with an actual lethal weapon can do.