Bio-Max, Tantara Mulberry and other food reviews.

I am completely dumbfounded by the lack of interest in these 2 particular foods that I have tried on my Sky-Blue neos.  Neither of these interest the shrimps at all....I put them carefully in front of the shrimps so they can find them, and they just ignore them and crawl over to the catappa leaf I have in the tank.

Anyone else have such fussy neos, or are mine just being particularly fussy?  I am at a loss as to what

to feed them now, any suggestions?

My TBs are kind of fussy about foods they will not touch the MK Breed Cheeseburger, but go nuts for the Omnia Pro and all other CSF foods for that matter.  My neos seem to eat just about anything.  They both go nuts for the Catappa leaves but I dont have mulberry leaves yet to try.

I find with leaves that its the biofilm on the leaf they like not the leaf itself.  Did you presoak the leaves for a couple days or just toss them in the tank?  I haven't tried mulberry leaves yet though so they may be treated differently by shrimp.

my snowballs are weird food wise. They like 'white' food and ignore most green packaged foods. Hans sent me a ton of samples. Even the 'loops' that come out of the same package with some green and some more white.. they will climb over the green, eat the white and then go about their business.

I tried blanched broccoli - they ignored it, tried fresh spinach leaf, ignored

They love their IAL leaves and they also love swimming to the surface snatching a spangle or red root floater, sinking down with it and devouring it, lol They will actually steal them from each other

I have some mulberry leaves on order, will see what they think about those

Got the mulberry leaves - soaked it in hot water for a few minutes and dropped it in. They are checking it out to see what they think about it and will let me know ;)

Gotta get them on the healthy stuff - I tell you though, that snowball food is shrimp crack! ha ha. I can barely drop it in the tank and I they swarm!