cool planter for a tank

wicca32

wicca, I think they make all kinds of glass "orbs" for air plants.

I have a few. You would just need to add a suction cup or rig it somehow.

Search e-bay under "glass orbs". I'm sure a bunch will show up. They even have them in lots.

I got mine cheap-fancy-50 cents. Where? Thrifty store, where else :)

-Stef*

Most soap dishes I see are flat... but the one you posted would be great

I've actually thought about doing those 18" long planter boxes... fill with topsoil, cap with sand and plant so swords in the back of a tank, then stack rocks around it to hide the plastic planter box and plant anubius and java fern in the cracks of the rocks

boston are those shrimp nets your using? how do you get the net attached to the suction cup

It comes like that.  I think they are made for artificial egg hatching.

They are what I call Shrimp baskets. Just got an order of them in.

$12 or $10 for 2 or more.

When I really needed a planter I did a couple diy ones. You know those aqueon bottles you get in some kits you take in to get your water tested. Use a razor for a couple holes on the bottom. Couple holes on the side so a heater holder will fit and bam planter haha.

I've also used the pots that potted plants come in with rock wool.mused pantyhose to go inside it and fill with substrate haha.

Creativity and diy is a lot in our hobby for sure

• 2 weeks later...

I,got some clear soap dishes,at bed and beyond. $1. Got some stainless ones to that I used a fish bag to hold,the substrate. Have dhg growing in it,right,now. Dishes have fissidens to grow like a floating island for shrimp.

-Chris

I like the little things. The prices on some of these things though.. Smh.

I like the creativity. By reading this post, I got an idea to make a hanging moss cloud on my back wall o my ten gallon. With a little piece of driftwood , some suction cups and some moss. Took 10 mins and my shrimp are loving it!

Awesome, yea anything that is marketed for aquariums,is crazy expensive. Take silicone for instance. Lowe's it's $3 for a lot fish,store its $10 for nothing. Same stuff just requires more knowledge.

-Chris