Officials eating endangered species

Soothing Shrimp

Officials caught eating an endangered giant salamander in China, even though their legislature passed a bill last April approving a law that included prison sentences for people caught eating rare wild animals.

It's silly to accuse a race of people, but I sure understand accusing those in power who believe they are better than anyone else.  Do the crime, do the time.  Boys- take them away!

http://news.yahoo.com/china-officials-dine-endangered-salamander-reports-050530902.html

That's shameful to harm/kill something so majestic. I studied Cryptobranchus alleganiensis aka hellbenders when I lived in the Ozarks, one of 3 of the worlds giant salamanders the other 2 occur in Japan and China Andrias davidianus is the largest of the 3 growing to 6 ft. These animals are living fossils and should be protected. I hope they prosecute any one involved.

That's shameful to harm/kill something so majestic. I studied Cryptobranchus alleganiensis aka hellbenders when I lived in the Ozarks, one of 3 of the worlds giant salamanders the other 2 occur in Japan and China Andrias davidianus is the largest of the 3 growing to 6 ft. These animals are living fossils and should be protected. I hope they prosecute any one involved.

hellbenders are cool, i use to catch them as a kid... I havent seen on in 20 years though... Im afraid there aren't many left in my neck of the woods