pics of my White Bee pair...she's saddled.

monty703

I would wait another week and do a nice 15% wc, she should molt and berry. My crystal white female is a breeding machine, she gave birth molted, berried and saddled up again. I call her the hive queen.

• 2 weeks later...

OK here is my problem....both of my females are saddled, I have seen several molts in this tank over the last 2 weeks, yet still no berried females?  Is there something wrong with them?   How long can they stay saddled?   All the parameters are good and they are active during the day, eating etc, so what's up?  

How can I jumpstart them?   I have done water changes etc but still nothing is happening.....getting frustrated now!

Ha Erik, they must have heard you....something's in the wind in my tank or should I say in the water.  :D

All the males are swimming around like crazy all over the tank.  I can see the two females sitting on the soil in front just

eating away, so maybe when the lights go out tonight   :thumbsu:   

• 1 month later...

WOOHOO....just saw my female and she's berried!   :D   Have NO idea who she's bred to, as I have mixed tank with Royal Blue Tigers, OEBT, CBS, CRS, Snows, and Crystal white bee males....could be any one of them.  Of course this was the whole point, I wanted a hybrid to start a new project, but if its the male CWB I won't be sorry, just more of them.

I am soooooo excited. 

thanks, I have been watching every time I saw molts in the tank but Nada! Then when I turned on the lights this am, I noticed one of the CWB hangining in the moss.  I thought you look weird, kinda fat looking, then the penny dropped and I got out the magnifier and Yes you can see the eggs inside.  I had thought they were blue, so wasn't expecting them to be white, and its hard to tell with this bee, even though the body is clear looking the stripes make it hard to tell if they are berried or not. 

Against the light I could definitely see them this time.  Now she's back to hiding probably under the moss rock.

Once she's nearer to the time I will try to catch her and put her in the breeder box....for now I will let her enjoy her freedom.

I swear its the earthworm flakes Ive been feeding them....3 tigers berried and now a bee.

thanks, I have been watching every time I saw molts in the tank but Nada! Then when I turned on the lights this am, I noticed one of the CWB hangining in the moss.  I thought you look weird, kinda fat looking, then the penny dropped and I got out the magnifier and Yes you can see the eggs inside.  I had thought they were blue, so wasn't expecting them to be white, and its hard to tell with this bee, even though the body is clear looking the stripes make it hard to tell if they are berried or not. 

Against the light I could definitely see them this time.  Now she's back to hiding probably under the moss rock.

Once she's nearer to the time I will try to catch her and put her in the breeder box....for now I will let her enjoy her freedom.

I swear its the earthworm flakes Ive been feeding them....3 tigers berried and now a bee.

If that's the case, then frozen blood worm would do the trick as well.

mine are the same as yours James.  Yes I did try frozen bloodworms, but at first they didn't want them, then eventually they ate them, but it makes a mess.  They go nuts for the earthworm flakes, even the babies eat it.  I just put a tiny amount crushed up into the water and let it descend.  My Tigers like to hang up top on the frogbit so they grab it right away.

That's not my shrimp. I would LOVE to produce one like that.  I am using the Crystal White Bee x Royal Blue Tiger

to see what that will bring out.

Im taking a page out of renowned German breeder Michal Nadal (who owned that shrimp) who once told me that

was created using Crystal White Bee x Tiger...not sure if it was a Royal or a Black.  He has/had some of the most

gorgeous hybrid Tiger/Bee crosses.