Things shrimp people say that no one else understands :-) for fun

Crazyfishlady

Said today at work (by me)

"I'm going to lunch, gotta get some pantyhose so I can do a water change in my snowball tank"

(should have taken a pic of some of the reactions)

I agree - I get so excited about it all. Two coworkers like hearing about it (or at least pretend to) the others can't understand the fascination to 'a tiny shrimp that you can't eat' ha ha

I think I few still don't believe me when I tell them just how many people really are into keeping shrimp 

Start doing acronyms and they'll look at you lost.

""I just got in some TB and was thinking about putting them with either my RCS or CRS.  I decided against the CRS because I don't want mischlings, but have yet to figure out the ph balance for cards and neos."

Yes - my shipment from Han is arriving tomorrow and I can barely stand it. :)

A few of my coworkers do actually ask me questions but one was shocked when she heard me mention the 'shrimp forum'. She looked at me and said "They really have a forum for that?"

I work in health insurance so we are used to throwing out acronyms all the time but, I do feel kinda almost smart when I talk about how I'm sticking to neos right now because I'm not ready to deal with active substrate and r/o water - lol  

It can be amusing

:) Yes ... I am rather 'unique' but I like it. I told my kids it's better than the crazy cat lady (only have one cat). I even pretended it was 'cheaper' you know... no vet bills, no special cat food... hmmm that's all I got on that one, ha ha

I love the reactions of showing anyone (even a couple shrimp people) the retail prices of the MK Shrimp. The PRL's from the recent Blue Crown Aquatic Facebook auction come to mind. I'm still in shock.

Yea, Soothing told me about a few prices and my jaw even dropped... wow!

• 2 weeks later...

I know when I mention I keep shrimp tanks I always get asked if I eat them....

Another aspect that comes with the hobby is selling plants.

I remember once meeting up with a local guy to sell him moss. As we both pulled into a parking lot of a bank (meeting halfway) we get out shake hands talk for a bit then I say let me get what you came here fore. Open my back door and pull out 3 zip lock bags full of green fluffy moss, and then we proceed to exchange money for the moss. I make the joking comment that I only sell top notch stuff and not that cheap imitation stuff (miss labeled mosses). As I turn to walk back to my car I catch out of the corner of my eye 6 bank employees and some customers staring at us thru the banks window.....   :thumbsu:  Nothing to worry about folks just another successful sale.

That reminds me of a time when I went to PETsMART, some guys where buying drugs, and then they look at it and threw them at the dude that they bought from who was in his car, and he was about to drive off when a guy picks up a big rock from the median thing and break in his front window, he also had a knife, we left asap.

Put a couple in a mini aquaponic herb garden and pretend you're growing dinner from scratch.

That's a good idea! I used to grow a plethora of micro greens hydroponically in my apartment for the restaurant so I guess its not that far of a stretch to assume I'm going to eat the shrimp too lol.