Hello from Kansas!

Beren.Luthien

I have been following the forums for a while now but have never made a post...so here we go! My name is Morgan and I am from Wichita, KS. I am interested in all things outdoors or biology-related and am a year away from having a double major in Zoo Science and Field Biology. I would love to get a graduate degree in Marine Biology or Fisheries Biology. 

I first became interested in shrimp when I was attempting to breed a few ghost shrimp, and in my research stumbled upon the Neocaridina shrimp. They intrigued me and as I researched them more I realized I had to have them! Right now I just keep Neocaridina (cherry shrimp and pumpkin shrimp)  but I have a seriously troubling urge to collect ALL of the great shrimp I see on the forums....my big goal is to set up a Sulawesi Cardinal tank just because they look so interesting and have such different care requirements!

Aquariums have always been interesting to me and I have kept many different fish. My current favorite is the Chocolate Gourami, of which I have four (I think two males and two females) and my goal is to breed them. They are a little tricky but mine are doing great!

For other hobbies, I LOVE art and carving stamps and I am trying to get into creating large woodblock prints. Biking is a great source of joy in my life and I am wanting to really get into hiking. In extra down time I will read any Sci-Fi book or play a few video games.

Hopefully with all of the knowledge on the forums, my shrimping adventures will continue to be successful! I hope to get to know you all. :) 

Welcome!  You've come to a great place for shrimpin'. :)

I have been specializing in neos myself, and I know many people here have vast experience with caridina as well.  There a few people here with sulawesi species (I have Malawa myself), and some people even have an interest in the same hobbies.  Aquariumlover10 does computer gaming regularly.

When you are ready to buy, we have members and sellers here who sell off crays and shrimp and even axolotls in the market section.

Again, welcome!

Thank you all!! I have seen some of the larger shops for shrimp/plants/supplies but I will be interested to see all of the different shrimp everyone has....and new strains people are working on...Soothing, I am sure you already hear it a ton but the new Neos you are working on are awesome!!! I'm sure lots of other people are working on nice ones as well but I was intrigued by the Nessies and new yellows

Welcome, finally another shrimp fan from Kansas,

I am in Manhattan, KS. I work at the Division of Biology at Kansas State University.

We have some great fish biologists here.

:D

Welcome Morgan! We are glad to have you, and glad you stumbled across the shrimp hobby. It has one drawback, its addicting!

• 2 months later...