When did the first golden bee appear?

I don't remember exactly.  I remember they were in considered grade G and in high demand at the time because they were said to shimmer as if having gold metallics.  The admiration for the shrimp was similar to what TB have now.  Interesting how they are often considered undesirable in the present day.  Goes to show ya shrimping goes in fads.

I know for a fact that there were available in 2006, so it has to be earlier than that they were created.

Related to this topic, why are "snow whites" seemingly difficult to find and not highly desired?

I was originally under the understanding that high-grade snow whites were used to increase the purity/coloration/thickness on CRS/CBS/PRLs........is this correct?

Is it possible to take golden bees and selectively breed for snow whites?  What else is involved in this process that I'm missing?

Related to this topic, why are "snow whites" seemingly difficult to find and not highly desired?

I was originally under the understanding that high-grade snow whites were used to increase the purity/coloration/thickness on CRS/CBS/PRLs........is this correct?

Is it possible to take golden bees and selectively breed for snow whites?  What else is involved in this process that I'm missing?

You can contact Jason Lin at Blue Crown, he has high grade Snow White from MK-Breed. Pricey though.

The problem is that the solid white would fade away over generations, so it would be more like golden not snow white.

The secret to keep it as Snow White is unknown.

Breeder uses golden to get SSS pattern quickly. like a short cut, not helping coloration I believe.

I bred my SSS+ Mosura blacks to create my snow whites, and they stayed very white, the Asian's call them Royals.

You can see mine on the show pictures of your shrimps section.

Yes the snows are used to make the white more solid, but its not used that much now because of JPRL they don't

want the snows in these lines.  I LOVE my snows.  I believe Blue Bolts are the result of snow x BKK.

I think I read over on TPT (Summitmicrofarm) mentioned about using goldens x BBs to help increase the blue coverage. Now that I have a few snows/goldens in my tank it will be interesting to see what the BB female has when she drops her babies.  Ive got a note of the date she was berried so I will have to put her in a marina breeder box a week before to let her settle so I can watch what she drops.  He also uses a breeder box for all his special breedings.

Gonna need a lot more breeder boxes at this rate :D

You can contact Jason Lin at Blue Crown, he has high grade Snow White from MK-Breed. Pricey though.

The problem is that the solid white would fade away over generations, so it would be more like golden not snow white.

The secret to keep it as Snow White is unknown.

Breeder uses golden to get SSS pattern quickly. like a short cut, not helping coloration I believe.

Unknown?

Golden is the white mutation from crystal red.

Snow White is the white mutation from crystal black.

Simple.

In goldens or in snow whites we have skeletons/ lower quality, middle quality and high quality.

Snow White don't means better quallity.

Is like blue bolt that is the white mutation of black shadows and red bolt that is the white mutation of red shadows.

In goldens or in snow whites we have skeletons/ lower quality, middle quality and high quality.

Snow White don't means better quallity.

Is like blue bolt that is the white mutation of black shadows and red bolt that is the white mutation of red shadows.

Hi Fabio,

Is red bolt a real thing? I've always figure they're low grade goldens and nothing more than a marketing gimmick to sell goldens for more money. Do you have examples of what these red bolts looks like.

Hello Shrimpfan.

Yes of course red bolt is real. You can breed them and have 100% red bolt. They are more pink that goldens but if you breed red bolt x red bolt you wii have 100% red bolt babies, of course some lower grade and some high grade.

One of my red bolts.

gallery_3591_3715_2266171.jpg

I'll make a note of that. Luckily, I've been setting up a few new tanks for other breeding projects but I'll dedicate a tank just for these bolts. I'm curious to see.

Additionally, have you ever experienced crystal red shrimps born from both crystal black parents. I know that CRS are mutations of CBS.

Unknown?

Golden is the white mutation from crystal red.

Snow White is the white mutation from crystal black.

Simple.

Yes, that's simple.

The secret is how to keep it solid white.

10397020_648839105191949_835828688679737