Ghost shrimp berried

• 7 months later...

I have never successful with ghost shrimps larvae , they all die within few days after they born. I read they need something like plankton food to eat and not many breeders had success to rase them. I read one article in the internet that they need to be separated in deferent tank without current and lots of micro algae or some kind of plankton. Some people had success to breed tons of them in the small pounds because a lot of the microorganisms for them to eat in there. Also as far as I know their eggs should be fertilised, they not like neocaridina, if you see the eggs on the female that doesn't mean they fertilised, if they not she will dropped them in a week or two.

I've successfully bred ghost shrimp a few times, I've found that the best way is to have a fully cycled and matured 2.5-5g tank stuffed with Java moss, hornwort, and or water lettuce. This will be enough if you have just the plants in there for a month or two but its best to feed them vitamin enriched egg yolk and green water(ill get the name of the vitamins) oh and don't use substrate because it too hard to clean, also use a light sponge filter

I tried a few times but never had luck. Funny story though I saw 6 ghost shrimp go for 15$ at an auction once. Guess someone wasn't too bright...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I've successfully bred ghost shrimp a few times, I've found that the best way is to have a fully cycled and matured 2.5-5g tank stuffed with Java moss, hornwort, and or water lettuce. This will be enough if you have just the plants in there for a month or two but its best to feed them vitamin enriched egg yolk and green water(ill get the name of the vitamins) oh and don't use substrate because it too hard to clean, also use a light sponge filter

How do you give them the egg yoke?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

hard boil the egg and take the yolk, put in tuboware container and add alittle bit of water and mix with a spoon, feed twice to three times daily for 3 weeks after they hatch, the egg yolk is mainly for protein, spirilua algae is something someone recommend to me to add but I have never tried it.

use a small medical syringe(new preferably) and feed around 1ml and every week add half a ml or so.