how long to molt

My boy shrimp have been going crazy all morning.  Obviously a female needs to molt and breed.  I have seen the behavior before but for me its always been at night and by morning there is a berried female.    Its been hours and I don't see a molt yet. I am pretty sure I have picked out the female that is the target. 

I only ask because I am hoping to watch!  Im trying not to miss it.  lol

I actually got lucky this week and got to watch one of my carbons breeding.  that was neat. 

Spring has sprung. 

on a side note,  it is day 30 of my sss female being berried.   She was still holding eggs last night. I have not seen her today  (lights are still off)   Poor girl has been miserable for the last week.   She should go soon shouldn't she?    She will be my first mischling momma.   I am used to the carbons having birthed by now.

I have definitely identified the target.. maybe she has already molted and I can't find it.   My boy shrimp are not very smart.. she hides under a leaf and they can't find her.  She is playing very hard to get.   I am about to get out the pop corn and turn on the moonlighting to set a romantic mood for her.  LOL

I so wish I had a good breeder box that could go inside the tank right now so I could pick the daddy.    I have a marina breeder box that hangs on the outside but its just to big.  The tank is in the path of people and the breeder box would get knocked off .   

Anyone have a good recommendation for something to put IN the tank?

OMG You guys wont believe this, but out of all the shrimp in the tank, one of the young carbon males got her!!!!!  He grabbed her, wrapped around her and took her to the ground...   I turned to get my camera cuz I figured noone would believe and by the time I got back  (about 15 seconds)  they were detached and she was hiding int he moss.   If he got her berried how long for the eggs to drop.. they have not dropped yet.  ..  

Heh.. well.. she ended up surrounded by about 5 males  in the moss.. she got away from them and has disappeared.  After literally hours of watching  her, I cant find her anywhere. I have to believe she is berried 

• 2 months later...

Jadenlea, I lovr the purple substrate!

Wait... you saying you actually witnessed a neo mate with a CRS? Cool. Apparently, the offspring will probably be sterile. Keep us updated.

I had the same problem with my HOB breeder box. I moved the tank out from the wall 4" and put it on the back.

Old thread  :)     I did watch them mate.  He grabbed onto her belly to belly and took her to the substrate held her for a few seconds and then it ended.   That doesnt mean he berried her though.  I do not believe he did because the male shrimp kept looking for her and I have no strange looking babies.  :)

• 4 weeks later...