Does anyone here sell cardinal shrimp?

Soothing Shrimp

Try contacting Homeless Aquatics on Houston Fish Box forum. He imported several hundred about a year ago. Several people went in on the purchase and the DOA was very bad with certain species not making it at all. But the group did get some Very nice Sulawesi species. I think minimum number per species was 50 and total purchase was a minimum of 300(number of shrimp, not price).

I was too late when I stumbled across the thread for the group buy or I would have bought some myself.

FYI, Homeless Aquatics recently went out of business temporarily for personal reasons but I'm sure he would help out a fellow hobbiest interested in importing.

Sorry for derailing Soothing!

I know I hope to get a large colony to supply some people with these awesome shrimp. They are starting to show up here and there now.

-Chris

Try contacting Homeless Aquatics on Houston Fish Box forum. He imported several hundred about a year ago. Several people went in on the purchase and the DOA was very bad with certain species not making it at all. But the group did get some Very nice Sulawesi species. I think minimum number per species was 50 and total purchase was a minimum of 300(number of shrimp, not price).

I was too late when I stumbled across the thread for the group buy or I would have bought some myself.

FYI, Homeless Aquatics recently went out of business temporarily for personal reasons but I'm sure he would help out a fellow hobbiest interested in importing.

Sorry for derailing Soothing!

No apology necessary.  He's a good guy from all the stuff I've read.

Group buys are always a risk.  Sometimes you get nothing, sometimes it was worth it.

Wow, they are cool looking shrimp, but sounds like the conditions have to perfect for them,  but I sure

would like to have some.

They should be arriving on May 12th and I will keep you all posted!

Yea that's what he said. Awesome!, I almost resorted to importing but never done it before. Need to research some more

-Chris

I would do it to start a colony and go from there. That's how it be worthwhile to sell after you breed a few hundred.

-Chris

Keep in mind you not only  have to pay for the neos, but the licenses, importing fees and misc other costs.  You'd really have a lot of $$$ to recoup before even breaking even.

Cards and sulawesi would be a better prospect since you can charge 3x or more the price of an avg neo.

Yes I plan on selling them.  I will keep them in my tanks for probably a month before selling any to make sure they are healthy.  I am lucky that one of the big transhippers in the US is in Denver so I am able to use her expertise and licenses :).  We will see how well it works out